iPhone 7 Plus Power Button Feeling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamiem1987, Dec 25, 2016.

1. jamiem1987 macrumors newbie

Hi guys appreciate this might just be me being a bit picky but i purchased an iphone 7 plus last week and ive noticed after owning a 6 plus for years that the power button feels different on the 7 plus, the top of the button is really clicky and feels nice but the bottom half pressing in really soft and squidgy almost like its not clicking or pressing in right. The button works fine but i'm just checking if others could tell me if theirs is the same after spending £xxx's on this thing! In brief - does your 7 plus power button feel "clickier" at the top than the bottom.

Kind regards

2. fernandowd macrumors newbie

3. jamiem1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks buddy, just i didnt notice it on my 6+ and sometimes it feels like i havent pressed it even though i have. At least its not just mine. Thanks again

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

We'll, the iPhone 7 line of phones have completely different home buttons--in that they aren't really actual buttons per se.

5. jamiem1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm meaning the power / lock button on the right hand side not the home button .

Kind regards

6. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

7. jamiem1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, also had it confirmed at apple today, apparently the switches had to be redesigned for the waterproof feature so they feel a bit softer than in previous generations. Damn ocd lol

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Somehow I had the home button in mind as I was replying. My bad.