iPhone 7 Plus Screen Not Rotating

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonkevin, Sep 20, 2016.

1. jonkevin macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have an issue with the screen orientation not working properly? I noticed my phone went from portrait to landscape and when I attempted to have it rotate back to portrait, it didn't do anything. I checked to see if the orientation lock was on but it wasn't. The only way I could get it back to potrait was to press the lock button so the screen would shut off, then unlock the phone again. Also when I open a game that is naturally in landscape mode, then close the app, the phone stays in landscape again until I lock it again.

I also noticed the "Raise to Wake" isn't working anymore. I checked to see if that was also set to off but again, it was set to on. I know it was working yesterday.

I have made an appointment at the Apple Store tomorrow but I was wondering if this is an isolated issue or if it's something with the 7 Plus'. Also, if they determine they can't fix the phone or it's not a "software issue", what are the odds the store will have a replacement for a 128 matte black 7 plus?

2. alleggerita macrumors 6502

alleggerita

From your description you might have a faulty accelerometer module. But maybe you can try a hard reset for the time being.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Did you try a hard reset? And highly unlikely your local Apple Store will not have a 128 GB Matte Black in stock.

4. jonkevin, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

jonkevin thread starter macrumors newbie

I just did a hard reset. I'm waiting for the phone to restore now.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    Phone just restored.. still does not rotate properly.. and now the screen rotates on it's own even though i have the screen orientation lock on...

5. jonkevin thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got back from the Apple Store. The accelerometer is not working. They were replacing it under the EFFA program.