iPhone 7 Plus screen quality?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFanBoii, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AppleFanBoii macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

hey guys

Got my iPhone 7 Plus on launch day, but after a day of barely in my pocket I noticed a pretty nasty hairline scratch at the bottom of the screen... understandly I was pretty livid, it's only nasty in length.

So have Apple changed the screen materials they used in this new iPhone? My 6 and 6s after a year of use the screen was mint, so why the 7 Plus damaged after a day?!

2. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I haven't seen that as a common issue, so it looks like you either got stuck with a phone that had a design weakness or something hit it at just the wrong angle to cause this.

Due to my own clumsiness my own took a tumble of about 4 feet face first onto a wood floor and I had that moment of ...o...m....g what did I just do?!?! Fortunately there wasn't a mark on either the screen or the surrounding metal.

Are you going to try exchanging yours for another at an Apple store?

3. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

most preliminary reports indicate the new glass and aluminum body material has been more impact / scratch resistant

4. AppleFanBoii thread starter macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

Yes I think it must have gone into my pocket at a funny angle, ill keep a screen protector on it, which isn't ideal but it'll do!

But as for taking it back to the store, is that even an option? Wouldn't they be like, no go away! Haha

5. Razor Time macrumors member

Razor Time

According to the scratch test on YouTube the glass in the 7 is the same as last years 6s.