iPhone 7 Plus Shipping Dates - November

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ggibson913, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

So I am carefully and slowly starting to come to terms with no headphone jack. I basically said well, I either want it or I don't and am fine about it. What does disturb me is that Apple can't get me a $869 item before 43 days late (assuming a November 1 ship date). Granted, I ordered one the two most popular models of iPhone (iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB, Jet Black), but still, they had to know this was going to be an issue. They said supplies are constrained, to me that means I may have to wait up to a month after the release date but I find 43 days to be a bit much. Anyone else in the November ship date quandary? Anyone been given big ship dates and get items sooner? I feel like it would be easier to cancel my order and just keep going to the store until one is available.

P.S.

I do realize that I could change to the matte black and get it a bit earlier, but I kind of want the one I ordered. I don't mind not getting it on release day, I even prefer not to as I can go to the store and take a look and make sure it is what I want, and change my mind, but November seems excessive.

2. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yes, how dare Apple not have your phone ready for you in a timeframe you approve of.

3. ggibson913 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

So lets assume that you got your order in and finalized by 12: 48 AM PST on the first day of pre-order. Is there a timeframe to receive your item that you would find questionable? Is it really so questionable that something they knew would sell really well would be in such short supply within one hour of the ability to pre-order? Or is that just more of Apple's "Courage".

4. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If I tried to place my order, saw a delivery date I wasn't happy with, I wouldn't have preordered. Would have waited in line on release day to try my luck.

You knew the date when you ordered, placed the order and now are complaining about when you are going to recieve the phone.