iPhone 7 Plus Size Reduction?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stacked, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Stacked macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,

So I've been increasingly eyeing the iPhone 6s Plus. It's an awesome phone but I just feel that it is a tad too big mostly in part to the bezels.

Does anyone think or maybe heard through rumors if the iPhone 7/7 Plus is going to have reduced bezels? Only things I've been seeing are 1mm thinner, no 3.5mm headphone jack, and no antenna bands.

If it's going to be the same screen size but just in a smaller size by all means I'll wait but if not I may as well just get the 6s Plus.

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68020

Andres Cantu

I would bet yes, since they haven't reduced the size of the bezels since the iPhone 5.

We'll get to find out when we get leaks sometime next month, just like the leaks we had about the iPhone 6 two years ago.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Greatly reduced bezels are one thing I would want out of the new phone to get me to up[grade, particularly if the 3.5mm port is out. Same great screen size with a reduced footprint is a win. Unfortuantely I do not believe we have seen any part leaks yet, so it's difficult to say what, if any, rumors are true.

4. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

It's not too big. You'll get used to the size within a week

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The size is ok. Still easier to manage than any of the galaxy notes I've used in the past (1,3,4). However I preferred the size of the 6 plus. The 6S plus is heavier and you notice this.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Leave the antenna lines if it mean great RF performance. Not willing to give that up and my case covers the lines anyway!

7. bushido, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016

bushido Suspended

bushido

it may not be "too" big but its pathetic that there are phones out there that are smaller with a even bigger screen so I am not getting it for that bezel out of principal lol

this all needs to be taken care off (yes my PS skills r amazing)

Attached Files:

8. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

Bezels on iphone 6/6s are smaller then the 5/5s. So apple has made them smaller.

9. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

Fighting the urge for my inner Michael Scott to not come out...lol

Anyway, I really do hope they reduce the size of the bezels. It makes a lot of sense now that they are getting rid of the headphone jack that the physical dimensions of the phone should be reformatted. This should apply especially for the bezels.

10. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I was afraid of the size of the Plus and chose the iPhone 6. Then last year I got the 6s Plus. I got used to the size immediately. And I LOVE the screen size.

I don't care if they reduce the bezels, it's not something that bothers me. But don't reduce the screen size. That'd be reason for me to skip 7.

11. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

The issue here is that apple keeps everything symmetrical. The only way (I think) that the bezels get reduced is if the home button gets smaller, home button gets eliminated OR the screen gets VERY close to the home button.

Once I switched to the Plus I simply cant go back to anything smaller. Its perfect, I dont have to bring my iPad anywhere, it stays home where its much bigger screen is good for serious surfing.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Less bezel, yes, thinner, yes (but then given apple's obsession that's any easy guess).

13. Andres Cantu macrumors 68020

Andres Cantu

No, they only look smaller because they're slightly curved. But they're the same size.