iPhone 7 plus stops charging randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Baginz10, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Baginz10 macrumors member

Has anyone ever had this issue with any iPhone? It seems when my iPhone 7 plus is plugged in it randomly stops charging. The other night it was plugged in for 7 hours and it was on 94%, so left it for another 1 hour 30 mins and then 96%. Plugged into a MacBook air it does exactly the same, any suggestions?

2. cmdrdredd macrumors member

Is the lightning port or cable loose in any way? There should be an audible and tactile snap when you plug it in and it should not wiggle. With my 6+ I occasionally had to clean out the charging and headphone ports because it built up some pocket lint and dust/dirt inside that prevented full seating of the cable.

3. Baginz10 thread starter macrumors member

It clicks in fine and doesn't move at all, there's nothing in the lightning port either.

4. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

Try a different lightning cable. I've had this happen multiple times where the cord will work for a bit then crap out then work etc. if not bring your phone to an Apple Store

5. Baginz10 thread starter macrumors member

Ive noticed that when its charging it first stops at 62% so doubt its a faulty cable.

6. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

What does Settings > Battery say about usage? Anything unusual?

7. Baginz10 thread starter macrumors member

There is no battery usage as I took it off charge at 62%.
    Phoned apple, they ran a diagnostics on the phone and there was no problems. I'll have a new cable delivered by Tuesday, if it still does it she advised me to reset the phone and set up as new. If no change then it's a hardware issue.

8. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

My 4.7 inch has started doing this and it's been 2 days in a row now. I leave it plugged in overnight every night and one night it's stopped at 92%. I unplugged it then plugged it back in and then it finished charging to 100%.

Last night I checked it and it was stuck not charging at 96%. Did the same thing. Unplugged it then plugged it back in and it charged fully.... not cool. It must be a software bug.