iPhone 7 Plus to 7 quirk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeob, Apr 2, 2017.

1. joeob macrumors member

Wondering if anyone has expierenced the same issue I have.

I restored my new iPhone 7 with a backup of my iPhone 7 Plus. Everything works perfectly apart from ...

Wallet and activity apps are scaled incorrectly. As both have black bars top and bottom.

And phone app does this odd thing where when I open it, a blurred phone icon appears before the app appears, scaled correctly.

Any ideas about how to correct it?

Attached Files:

2. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

You may need to wipe and set up as new (which sucks, I know).

Out of curiosity, why did you switch sizes?

3. joeob thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, yes, I thought that might be the case :( balls. I can live with it I think if that's the only solution. Thanks for your reply.

I upgraded from 6 Plus. And I was a massive fan of the Plus but recently the large size was really bugging me. Then a change in job (with phone allowance) means lots of features no longer needed. I also took the opportunity to switch to Jet Black which I wanted in the first place.

I've got a battery case and a silicone and I LOVE it.

4. ImAliveUK macrumors member

ImAliveUK

Out of curiosity (as I'm
    About to go from the 6s+ to a 7), is the battery life a huge difference?

Thank you :)

5. Illumiiinati macrumors member

Illumiiinati

I just shifted from matte black 7+ to jet black 7.. it's so huge for my tiny hands.. I'm really missing those Bokeh shots, apart from that i love this 7.

6. blairian89 macrumors regular

blairian89

I have the opposite issue. The 7 is so small that it feels like I am holding a child's toy. The 7 Plus fits just right in my hands.

In regards to the OP - I am not sure exactly why there would be an issue that crosses over like that, but **** happens. I would recommend restoring directly from iTunes to see if that corrects the issue or do a full restore from iTunes.