iPhone 7 Plus Touch ID not working well

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ezaq, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Ezaq macrumors newbie

Hi guys! It's been about a month since I got my 7 Plus now, I have this issue with the Touch ID where it won't always recognize my fingerprint. I have sweaty hands to begin with but whenever my fingers are sweaty, it keeps saying it can't recognize my fingerprint but I also do have an Air 2 and even if my hands are sweaty, there are no problems with unlocking.

I tried a few combinations with my 7 Plus:
    1. Sweaty finger + wet sensor = Can't unlock
    2. Sweaty finger + dry sensor = Can't unlock
    3. Non-sweaty finger + dry sensor = Can unlock about 90% of the time.

I have friends who own the 7 and they said even if their hands are a bit wet they still were able to unlock their phone.

Already contacted support and have scheduled an appointment to test it out. What are the chances they deny me a repair and just tell me to wipe my hands and sensor before unlocking.

2. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

Would be interesting to try your fingers with another device and see if you have similar problems recognizing your prints, or (temporarily) add a friend's fingerprint to your phone and see if the friend had problems. This would help show if the problem was your icky ;) fingers or a sensor problem with your device.

3. jetsam macrumors 6502

You can register up to five (IIRC) fingerprints. Have you tried saving a fingerprint while your hands are sweaty?

4. Ezaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have an Air 2 and with sweaty fingers I'm still able to unlock it..

Tried registering my sweaty fingers but still can't work and sometimes it won't even want to register my sweaty fingers :(

5. alexdafirst macrumors member

alexdafirst

Same case with me, I've had 3 7s and two had the issue of Touch ID not working correctly. Now onto my 3rd and hopefully final one that seems to work perfectly fine

6. roopefin macrumors newbie

How did you prove that the problem is in your phone to the service? Just showed them ? And did you use an Apple Store for the service ? I'm having the same problem with Touch ID and iPhone 7... It's much worse than Samsung S7's fingerprint reader, it actually worked well even with wet after swim raisin fingers which I find quite extreme!

7. alexdafirst macrumors member

alexdafirst

Literally just showed them that it wouldn't work. Even deleted my current prints and set up new ones, which yet again did not work. I said I was on my third but I'm not on my fourth iPhone (not ideal I know). But I just went to Apple to get it sorted, they felt as if it wasn't ideal either and gave me a brand new, sealed phone and a complimentary case, wouldn't expect that again though it was the least they can do. Quality control seems to be lacking however.

8. Sker_1999, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017

Sker_1999 macrumors newbie

Sker_1999

Having the same issue ! Is ur problem solved ??