iPhone 7 Plus uneven

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JetBlack7, Oct 9, 2016.

1. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Today I noticed my 7 Plus is slightly uneven. It wobbled with a case since last week when I noticed it, but thought the case would be the problem. This weekend, I tried 3 different cases and they all wobbled. I feared it would be bent, took it out of the box, put it face down and it wobbles on its own, on the camera side corner and opposite side on the bottom. I wished it would be because of the case, but sadly no. Went to the Apple representative in my country since we don't have an official Apple Store, talked about this and they looked at the phone and confirmed it could be a slight bent that could be approved at the factory through their margin of acceptable error on quality control, and they told me I had two options:

- They contacted the manager about my device and If they approved, they would exhange it for a new one in the box.

- They would deny the exhange, I'd send it through guarantee and would get a refurbished one most likely.

The guys at the store who know me since I spend some time now and then at the same store, told me the refurbished models they had showed problems and signs of poor quality, advising me not to do it and try to live with it.

I'm sure I could try and live with it, but I'm that ind of guy that when notices something is wrong with my iPhone, I cannot notice it from that point. I am unsure what to do about this.

Hope someone can give me some feedback about this If something like this happened to you.

Cheers!

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The refurbished units I received from Apple in the past few years were always absolutely perfect. If they happen to give you one that is not, you are entitled to exchange again to another refurbished unit, until you get a perfect one.

3. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

The guy I talked to said he went through 5 different 5Ses before he given up, since the problem was the sleep/wake button making a very loud and annoying clicking noise.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would still contact Apple directly by phone and explain your situation. I don't agree with what those representatives said to you about a refurbished device "Not being reliable." That's Not accurate at all. In most cases, Apple's replacement iPhones are like new and from my last experiences, have no issues.

Even if you were to receive a refurbished/replacement device, those devices are like new and in all reality, might be new, being how recent the iPhone 7 is.

You have nothing to lose, contact Apple.

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Contact Apple! Apple refurbs are certified. Like the difference between buying a car pre-owned and certified pre-owned. An Apple refurb goes through the same QC as new units.

You can contact Apple care or you can even contact Tim Cook through email. However it's not Tim Cook personally and just someone monitoring his inbox. I don't know that this issue would warrant going that far...

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

You do realize that brand new in box units could have this "loud and annoying" buttons, right?

Your friends should go volunteer at a church or food bank, and see what real problems people are facing out there (death, sickness, hunger).

7. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I will try, problem is either way since there is no 7 Plus in stock, I might not even get one anytime since, refurbished or otherwise.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016 ---
    I understand, I'll try and see how long I'll have to wait for one If they give me a new one or even a refurbished, since I'll have to find a backup phone.