iPhone 7 Plus way more popular... effects on future iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brien, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

With the iPhone 7 Plus outselling the regular 7, anyone think it will encourage Apple to make the next redesign larger? I could see them going with 5" and 5.8-6" as the new sizes.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

No.

I think the spectacular camera just hyped everyone on the Plus model this year.

3. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Well, we don't really know the sales number this time to be sure, for all we know, Apple might have ordered much more 4.7" to manufacture hence resulting in shortage of the Plus. The Plus was also in shortage for the 6s series due to lower order..

The reason why the Plus appears or may be more popular this time is purely due to the fact that it has some real advantage compared to the 4.7" apart from the battery and OIS advantage. We see real differences like one more camera module and 1GB more RAM. Apple fans know how hard it is to have Apple actually include more RAM in their mobile devices.

Unless they manage to retain the form factor by increasing the screen to body ratio to retain some form of one handed usability, I highly doubt they'll create bigger screen devices then they already are.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Only if they can increase the screen size without increasing the form factor.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2016 ---
    I really do miss the same size screen on a smaller phone like the S7 edge I was using for 6 months.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Apple could possibly release three size variants for the iPhone 10. Perhaps 4.7, 5.0, 5.5.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I don't think they'll do away with the regular sized iphone. The reason for the plus outselling the regular 7 is because for the most part, those that moved up to the + from the previous 6 generation, never went back. So now when the time came to upgrade, many people jumped on the + train.