Iphone 7 price reduction in Sept?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

The current Ip7 is pretty good. Stereo speakers, good processor, decent screen, nice home button, etc. But in September comes the new Ip8 in the same size form, with a much better and larger screen, etc. Additionally an update 7 in an S cycle with the new processor will occur. I kind of think the prices for very lightly used Ip7's will be in the $300-400 price range. Probably a good buy for someone interested in that model.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple typically reduces the older iPhone generations by $100 when the new ones debut. As far as market resale goes, Swappa usually has the highest resale amounts for iPhones or at least one's in good condition.

3. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

I think this time it will be replaced by the iPhone 7s as suggested by the rumors. Plus they have already done that when they replaced the 5 with the 5c.
    So I guess the line up will look like this : iPhone SE - iPhone 7s - iPhone 8.

4. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Keep in mind that Apple typically only sells the base storage models when they do them down. So iPhone 7 128gb models will probably hold value a little better.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You only get a small fraction of that storage upgrade when you resell used from 32GB to 128.
    So it won't be that much.