iPhone 7 REALLY BAD battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Oct 17, 2016.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am taking the phone into the Apple Store. I have already tried restoring the phone as well. Just want to know if anyone else had this issue. I went up on a fishing trip, didn't even use the phone, had it on airplane mode and everything, and the thing dips by more than half, in under an hour.

Attached Files:

2. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Try deleting Facebook app which probably kept the phone running and depleting battery even with the screen off. I use mobile Chrome to access Facebook since it supports notifications (on Android but haven't tested on iOS) and can view and reply to Facebook messages by temporarily switching to desktop mode. Only limitation with mobile Chrome that I haven't figured out yet is watching Facebook live videos but not a big deal.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

What shows up as using the battery more on that list of apps?

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I'm not confident your running applications may be the contributing factor for the battery life depleting more than half in Airplane mode. Might be something else factoring.

5. MotherFinMike macrumors regular

MotherFinMike

6. Schizoide macrumors member

Schizoide

Try these steps:
    - Turn off bluetooth
    - Let the battery drain til 0% and then charge it back up to 100%
    - Monitor which apps are using most of your battery
    - Don't set the brightness to auto, since the nits can go up more in brighter areas
    - Close your apps if you don't use them
    - Turn off 'raise to wake', this causes the A10 motion coprocessor to be active all the time, which drains battery

I hope this helps, otherwise I think you should indeed go to an Apple Store

7. deivydas macrumors member

deivydas

I'm attaching my stats: Bluetooth off; Background refresh - off. 4G/wifi on; auto brightness on; raise to wake on.

I'm getting great battery life with iPhone 7 without any tips and tricks.

If i was you - fresh install without backup. Usualy it works great.

Attached Files:

8. foxconn Suspended

Show us what's at the top.

1hour of video streaming will kill more battery than 1hour of web browsing.

9. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I have not noticed any battery difference using raise to wake

10. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I'm getting incredible battery life out of my 7. Last time I charged it was 3 days ago. Only thing I really changed was disable raise to wake. Everything else is all stock configuration. My iP7 was restored from a backup. The backup itself contains data all the way from 3GS days, and I've purchased every generation of iPhone since. Another words, I've never started fresh since the 3GS and every subsequent iPhone update.

ip7batt.JPG

11. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Nice. I am getting around 56 hrs standby with 8:30 usage and around 11-15% remaining before I charge.

12. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

My iPhone 7 has incredible battery life. But I did have a similar issue the other day. I think sometimes some apps get stuck in the background. YouTube had a ton of background activity despite the fact that I hadn't really used it (go figure Google). Strangely enough, it said my Phone app used 5% of the battery. In the past day I had only used the phone app once when my wife called me, and that call was only 2 minutes. Seemed fishy. Force quitting some of the higher-usage apps seemed to fix the problem. The iPhone was also very warm. This has happened to me before over the years with different iPhone models. Seems to happen 1-3 times per year.