Iphone 7 replacement.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nadeem_Guroo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Nadeem_Guroo macrumors member

Nadeem_Guroo

hello guyz i have an iphone 7 and its under warranty but recently my phone has got scratched so i would want to get it replaced from apple but i have no issues with the phone,so how can I convince apple for a replacement.

2. Bako-MacAddict, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Don’t be that guy. You scratched your phone accidentally now deal with it, don’t abuse the system. It’s a scratch , you’ll live. :p

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

You can't.

Next question.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would take ownership for the damage and pay for it yourself if truly want it repaired. Apple should not be "Convinced" of damage caused by your own.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple will be glad to replace your scratched iPhone, bring money and they will sell you another one. You could also just pay and have the screen replaced or the cheapest route would be put a screen protector on it and live with it.

The warranty does not cover you scratching your phone. Why would you think it would?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not going to happen.
    Trust me, I knocked off my side mirror on my brand new car last year about 3 months after I got it and Toyota wouldn't fix it for free.
    They told me its my fault and I have to pay for the damage that I caused to my property. They said its not a manufacturer defect.
    How rude :D

7. zone23 macrumors 68000

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Apple wouldn't even let you use AC+ on a scratch because it does not prohibit the use or functionality of the device. So no way you are getting a replacement, free or paid.

9. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Use your  care + and pay 85 and use your accidental warranty or if your screen is scratched pay 30 for a replacement.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You can't. Apple will not allow you to use AppleCare+ for a scratch. The device has to be broken to an extent that is no longer functions as normal.

11. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP never mention what kind of warranty he has. If he has the normal one year warranty, NO, but if he has the apple care plus warranty, he has two accidental coverages, but not for a small scratch screen. Apple will replace the screen for you for a charge if you like.

12. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Buy a nice casing and the scratches are gone, out of sight. It's affordable too.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You may try but most likely apple won't replace it as the scratch on your device doesn't hinder any functionality at all. Yes, it's annoying but in couple of days, you'll just forget about it. Just deal with the scratch or put a case on it to cover it up.

14. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Every  store is different. I've seen some that will and some that won't, never hurts to try.

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

For a scratch? Interesting. Its even outlined in AC+ that they won't do that. What a waste of an incident.

16. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

17. Nadeem_Guroo thread starter macrumors member

Nadeem_Guroo

I am ready to pay a nominal fee but i have to pay about half of the price of a new phone

18. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Likely because of where you live. If you send it to Apple, if you can, cost will be lower. Maybe.

Who is quoting you half the cost of the phone to fix the scratch?

19. Nadeem_Guroo thread starter macrumors member

Nadeem_Guroo

Apple store and they r not going to fix the scratch instead they will replace the unit

20. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

How bad is this scratch? Should not cost half the price of the entire phone. Is the screen scratched? If so it a couple hundred bucks should get it fixed.

Something else going on here?

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They are probably quoting him the out of warranty replacement cost.
    How bad is that scratch? Do you have a pic?

22. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Seems like it's a scratch on the camera since, a senior rep told me they usually just replace 7/7+ if the camera is damaged.

23. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

they can replace displays only now

24. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Don't think they'll do that over a little scratch. Replacements should be used when you have an actual problem with your device. Like it being stuck in restore mode, not turning on, or a cracked phone.... just a few examples.

25. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Well they couldn't fix a scratch, they would have to replace the screen. Is the body damaged at all? Maybe there is another issue that wont allow them to only swap the screen.