iPhone 7 screen backlight issue with photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chillip, Jan 15, 2017.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

My iPhone 7 screen has a thin strip of slightly lighter screen running vertically down the far right side of the screen. It's only slightly noticeable when screen displays darker colours. Otherwise screen seems ok. Anyone one else with this?

2. coolio93 macrumors 6502

3. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for poor quality but look at far right hand side and you see a strip of brighter light all the way down the right side.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2017 ---
    Oddly when the screen is complete black like the compass app then you don't notice the issue, it's only on grey colours and also blues, greens and reds.

Attached Files:

4. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I don't see the issue in the picture but if it's apparent enough to the point you can notice it without looking too closely, then I would recommend you to take it to an apple store or wherever you bought it for an exchange.

Edit:

For the record, my 7+ and mom's 7 don't have this issue at all no matter how closely I look at it.

5. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Why don't you try just to enjoy your phone and stop looking for non-existing issues..?

6. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I am, just wanted to see what other people think. My 6S does not display the same issue. It's not a massive drama. Rest of the screen has the usual display unevenness which I'm used to with apple products. I bought it new off eBay so can't take it back anyway. Nice £150 saving off RRP.

7. AppleB macrumors 6502

AppleB

8. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

Look closely at the right hand side of the screen and note the brighter strip of light running down the side of the screen.

9. miragebg macrumors 6502a

It's really barely noticeable, probably it's only visible on gray backgrounds.

10. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502