Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Hi guys, i'm creating this thread because i heard some rumors about how the display calibrations differs from each iPhone 7...

Anyone notice in this video (up above) that the Black iPhone 7 does have a yellower screen than the white 7 Plus?

Well, in another video a youtuber noted that the iPhone 7 with white bezels seems to have a more colder screen and black bezel iPhone have a warmer screen...

Here is the video, (go to 5:45)

Maybe they did this to match the screen color with the white bezel on silver, gold and rose gold iphones....

Did anyone check this in an apple store?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Another thread...

The iPhone 7's have a more yellow-ish tint to make it look more accurate.

DisplayMate said it was the best LCD screen they've ever tested. You'll get over it.

Reactions: michael31986

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
I actually believe there is some truth to this. My wife always orders white iPhones and I always order black/gray, and hers always have a bit nicer screen without fail. This dates back all the way to at least the iPhone 5.

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Another thread...

The iPhone 7's have a more yellow-ish tint to make it look more accurate.

DisplayMate said it was the best LCD screen they've ever tested. You'll get over it.

Please, try to read again... i know perfectly about this new "P3 display" and how it is calibrated, it's obviously more yellow because the screen can show a higher color spectrum, but this is not between iPhone 7 vs Older iPhones... this is about the SAME iPhone, but different color variants...

iPhone 7 with Black front -> more warmer screen
iPhone 7 with White front -> more colder screen... why? idk... maybe they want to fit the screen white point with the white face itself...

That's why im posting this... i would be glad if someone with both black and white iPhone 7 can check it for themselves :D

alisalem

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2013
Mississauga, ON
I bought a silver iPhone 7 yesterday and the display is warm.

Keep in mind that cameras are not a true indication of the display's actual white point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.