Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm a photographer, and I'm extremely picky with my colors and 43905345883957324 other things. The display accommodations doesn't help 100%. But I'm glad it worked for you!
[doublepost=1489701251][/doublepost]

See!! It definitely stinks!! But I hope the smell isn't too bad!! ;)

Can't wait to go home and see if I got a good one!! Or else I'm going to go return them this weekend an get 10 7+'s for another experiment.

Can we see a pic of all them side by side with a white screeen / google.com up? Would be interested in seeing unit to unit variation across the board

Mr. Dominant

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2016
are you sensitive to warm uniformity? like being darker at the bottom/more warm?

How many of those would you say you've come across?

thanks though, this is interesting. my iP7+ screen looks good but definitely warmer next to 6s plus

and a bit dimmer at the bottom

but I truly cant be bothered, given my luck ill get a unit with actual issues and a worse screen

and Apple will have to pry 10.1.1 jailbreak from my cold, dead hands

I've came across about 15 that had darker/warmer tones toward the bottom. But the rest like 30+ were all good, just had a warmer yellow screen.

*I've only tested/bought white and matte black iPhone 7/7+. Haven't bought any gold or jet black or rose gold because I don't want those colors.
[doublepost=1489701723][/doublepost]
Can we see a pic of all them side by side with a white screeen / google.com up? Would be interested in seeing unit to unit variation across the board

I'll see what I can do! :) If I'm too angry about the situation due to not getting a good one again, I might not do it... :mad: lollll.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I've came across about 15 that had darker/warmer tones toward the bottom. But the rest like 30+ were all good, just had a warmer yellow screen.

*I've only tested/bought white and matte black iPhone 7/7+. Haven't bought any gold or jet black or rose gold because I don't want those colors.
[doublepost=1489701723][/doublepost]

I'll see what I can do! :) If I'm too angry about the situation due to not getting a good one again, I might not do it... :mad: lollll.

Gotcha fair enough (to being angry,) i totally would have given up many 10's ago. I think iPad 3 i went through still under double digits, but too much nonetheless.

For the ones with dimmer / warmer bottoms was that a deal breaker ? Or were they warm screens and the bottom was salt in the wound on top?

Curious

Of all warm uniform and slightly notnunform more white, I prefer the latter

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
A couple months ago I bought 16 at once (the apple employees didn't even ask me why I was buying so many, but I still told them why... and they said good luck and hope you find the one you want to keep... lol), and had to return them all. I've returned all 40+ 7/7+ that I've bought. Seriously upset about this.
That's just insane. Good luck finding one that works for you.

Something I would never do in my life time though, just a waste of my time going through all of them just to find a good one. Just FYI, they do keep track.

Mr. Dominant

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2016
Gotcha fair enough (to being angry,) i totally would have given up many 10's ago. I think iPad 3 i went through still under double digits, but too much nonetheless.

For the ones with dimmer / warmer bottoms was that a deal breaker ? Or were they warm screens and the bottom was salt in the wound on top?

Curious

Of all warm uniform and slightly notnunform more white, I prefer the latter

Yes, they were deal breakers. I'm not keeping a phone that has anything warm about it.​
[doublepost=1489764412][/doublepost]
That's just insane. Good luck finding one that works for you.

Something I would never do in my life time though, just a waste of my time going through all of them just to find a good one. Just FYI, they do keep track.

Thanks, man. I need the luck... lol.

It's a huge waste of time, and I'm sick and tired of it! I don't know why Apple decided to go this route with a warmer tone. It's nasty. And dull. And just terrible. As a photographer, it's unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure they do keep track, and honestly, I hope they do. I wouldn't want someone who's doing something fishy get away with something. But in my case, it's not like I'm doing anything wrong. All the phones I've returned haven't even been used for more than 5-10 minutes. And no where does it say in their policy that I can't continue returning an item if it's within the 2 week return policy if I just don't like it or don't need it anymore. Which is why they haven't said anything, and will never stop me because I've already returned 40+.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yes, they were deal breakers. I'm not keeping a phone that has anything warm about it.​
[doublepost=1489764412][/doublepost]

Thanks, man. I need the luck... lol.

It's a huge waste of time, and I'm sick and tired of it! I don't know why Apple decided to go this route with a warmer tone. It's nasty. And dull. And just terrible. As a photographer, it's unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure they do keep track, and honestly, I hope they do. I wouldn't want someone who's doing something fishy get away with something. But in my case, it's not like I'm doing anything wrong. All the phones I've returned haven't even been used for more than 5-10 minutes. And no where does it say in their policy that I can't continue returning an item if it's within the 2 week return policy if I just don't like it or don't need it anymore. Which is why they haven't said anything, and will never stop me because I've already returned 40+.

The other thing is how long are ya holding onto this phone if you get a keeper? Hopefully longer than when 7s/8 comes out later this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.