iPhone 7 Screen Fixed Itself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilson68944, Jan 27, 2017.

1. wilson68944 macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2017
    Hey guys,

This is my first post. I just purchased a new iPhone 7 plus this week. Upon activation I noticed the display screen had a warm yellow tint to it when compared to my crisp white 6. I noticed within 24 hours the screen was corrected displaying sharp colors. Common?

What would cause that to self-correct? Do LCD's warm up after the first usage when new or something?

2. Relentless Power, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Jul 12, 2016
    I don't know about the iPhone 7 self correcting itself. But I do know that the iPhone 7 has a warmer tone versus the stark blueish tone compared to the iPhone 6s. So perhaps, you just adjusted to the overall tone of the iPhone 7 display after some initial usage.
  3. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Nov 6, 2012
    Was "Night Shift" turned on initially, then turned off "...within 24 hours..."?
  4. Shikaka macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2014
    I heard that color can change as the screen's adhesive cures.
  5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Might have heard this glue drying thing long ago but it does not apply today.
  6. wilson68944 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2017
    No, night effect was off. It had a yellow tinted display and it seemed to sort itself out in a day or two. Strange but I read that it could be from the glue as well. Its working great now.
  7. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2011
    The glue drying argument is, to my knowledge and experience, a myth. If your display has a warmer tint when you get it then it's not going to get better or fix itself. You've likely just gotten used to it. This happens every generation and there's a lot of variation between individual iPhones, though I believe they must be within Apple's level of tolerance. I've had iPhones with both warm and cool tints to varying degrees. I don't use my iPhone constantly with another iPhone at the same time so it personally doesn't bother me anymore.