Iphone 7 Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BRS64, Oct 19, 2016.

1. BRS64 macrumors newbie

BRS64

Hello everyone,

i bought iPhone 7 last week, first day i did not realize but after that time noticed that my screen right side is slightly darker then the other. It is very hard to realize but it annoys me. I am sure that if i take it to apple service, they will do nothing about it. I am curious about yours. Is it regular thing? Maybe it is normal or maybe same glue drying thing. i am waiting your comments.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

How are you sure Apple will do nothing about it? If its still in the 14 day return period you should be able to exchange it for another one based on return policy alone. In other words you should be able to return it, get your money back, buy one again.

3. kid.icarus macrumors member

I had the same problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. The right side was a bit darker and it looked as if there is a slight pinkish tint on the left side towards the top edge. Maybe the pinkish was only a tint of being brighter. I've sent it back (was still within the 14 days) and waiting for a replacement now.

4. BRS64 thread starter macrumors newbie

BRS64

Did they decide to replace or is it possible to repair?

5. kid.icarus macrumors member

I was still within the 14 days (bought it online at Apple Shop). I sent it back and now I'm waiting for a replacement.

6. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Got my matt black iPhone 7 yesterday no screen or any kind of issue,no hiss,running perfectly fine

7. kid.icarus macrumors member

Great!! my husband's iPhone 7 matt black is also without any issues. Great screen, I wished my replacement iPhone 7 Plus wil be the same (toitoitoi).

8. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'm really pleased with my 7 Plus screen (week 40,) maybe I got lucky, who knows.
    But I expected something to be on the iffy side and it just isn't. Even examining it closely using a pure white image to fill the screen there's no yellow, no pink, it's as evenly lit as I could hope for and a lot brighter than my 6 Plus was. So I'm unusually happy with my screen for a change.

9. vin7ces macrumors member

vin7ces

can you guys put your perfect screen here? thanks

10. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'll see if I can grab a pic later. But there's so much variation in taking an image of a light emitting screen that you won't get a true representation of the actual item. The room conditions, the natural and artificial light, reflections and so on. But yeah, I'll get my rig out later when I get the time and grab a piccie for you.

Just one thing though, I personally never said perfect. I've never seen a perfect screen on any device, phone, tablet, monitor, TV, ever. Some come close, but perfect? Nope, no chance, not yet. Acceptable and pleasing on the other hand are two different things, they suggest the accommodation of some degree of compromise.

11. vin7ces macrumors member

vin7ces

yes, I agree with you, totally