Iphone 7 slow internet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shloosh33, Jan 6, 2017.

1. shloosh33, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

shloosh33 macrumors newbie

i have a new iphone 7 128 model a1778 that comes with The intel modem. Before that i had an htc 10.

On the same cellular network, the htc is allways faster And sometimes even double when it comes to downloading things and surfing. Both phones are in 4g of course and same settings. I checked it with the speed test app in different locations where i live.

I tried to reset the phone, the network settings, full restore and even moved to a different carier. Nothing works.
    Im on ios 10.3 of course.

I also checked with a friends iphone 7 plus and it is the same- slower than the htc.

I work in an apple reseller store so ran diagnostic tests on the iphone and no errors it work 100%.

I also checked the real reception and signal while testing the download speed and on all the phones it was the same !

All of that leads me to think that = the iphone 7 cellular performance is just bad!

Do you have any idea whats going on??? A fix maybe?

Thx

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Intel modem has been proven to be slower than Qualcomms. Not sure you can do anything about that.

EDIT: Buying the unlocked version will guarantee a Qualcomm modem.

3. shloosh33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple released software update that locks the qualcom modem speed and compare it to the intel one.