Iphone 7 slow wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tarheeldiver, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Tarheeldiver macrumors newbie

Just wanting to know how everyone's wifi speed is on this phone. I have 50 meg at my house and my Imac, MacBook and wife's 5c all constantly hit 40 to 60 on Speedtest. The best I have did on the Iphone 7 is 14 meg. The phone starts out at 50 but drops instantly to low teens.
    Thanks

2. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

The phone is only responsible for the speeds between the phone and router.
    Download wifi SweetSpots to measure that connection.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

On your router, change your wireless encryption to WPA2-PSK (might be called WPA2-AES) only, then try the test again. No mixed mode, no WPA auto — just PSK.

Please could you advise if this makes a positive difference?

4. Tarheeldiver thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response but if all devices are used in the same location shouldn't speeds be at least close to the same? My cellular connection is also showing slower speeds than my 6 did in the same locations.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    It is set to WPA personal.

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The iPhone 7's we have are as fast as our 6S models, but they don't stay connected as reliably.

We're still doing some troubleshooting so it's too early to draw a conclusion. But it's very disappointing and quite frustrating. They have been dropping the connection with regularity.

6. Tarheeldiver thread starter macrumors newbie

I've also noticed it seems to have more limited connection on bluetooth my Garmin 235 constantly connects and disconnects when moving through the house my 6 did not do this.

7. Pd1987 macrumors member

Pd1987

I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure if it's my phone or ios10. The wifi on my MacBook is great, however on my iPhone 7 plus, my iPhone 6 plus, iPad air, and brother's 6s plus, the wifi sucks. Also, the LTE isn't so great either. This is really annoying. Leads me to believe it's an ios10 thing. Sucks!

8. Jtradar macrumors member

Jtradar

Just tested my 7plus matte black 256gb we have 50 Meg's up and down Fios got 57.96 on down load. up load was 65.65 hope that helps

9. Pd1987 macrumors member

Pd1987

I bought a new router this morning after I had posted this (and after punching it and breaking it in frustration lol...) and it seems to be working fine. Very strange, though, as my old router was fine for a while then little by little getting worse and worse. I guess I needed a new router anyway and this was the tipping point lol.