iPhone 7+ Squeaky Power Button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bookspinner, Dec 18, 2016.

1. bookspinner macrumors member

Hi all,

I have owned my iPhone 7+ MB 128GB for about two months now. Just recently I noticed that sometimes the power button would squeak before I actually press it harder. This happens rarely but when it does, a gentle push is enough to replicate the squeaky feeling. The button, however, remains tactile as normal.

I am wondering if other iPhone7/7+ have this problem? I suspect the waterproof seal causes this. Thanks!

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I have zero squeak with my 7 Plus. Haven't heard of this before. If it doesn't effect the iPhone and if you can live with it, it shouldn't be a problem. But you could get a second opinion from Apple.

3. bookspinner thread starter macrumors member

hmm yeah. I'd say 95% of the time it does not squeak and the button is still tactile. It just kinda bugs me that I keep on trying to make it squeak before I actually press it.

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Considering the home button isn't even a button that moves, I find this fairly impressive.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I assume the body of the phone is squeaking and not the button. There was a thread about creaking/squeaking 7+ iPhones.

6. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

It's the power button that squeaks for the op

7. bookspinner thread starter macrumors member

I actually loosen the screws at the button and the squeaking coming from the body is gone now. Not sure if in turn that causes my power button to squeak hmm

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My power button moves so little I can not imagine it making a squeaking noise.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

It's actually defined as a solid state button with no moveable parts. And it's connected to the Taptic Engine for the feedback.