Iphone 7 stopped turning on out of nowhere!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pelea, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Pelea, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

Pelea macrumors 6502

Hi i'm in university and have been revising my finals for the past 3 weeks at home. (meaning my phone has been perfectly safe within my room for the past 3 weeks, no water, no drops, nothing dangerous).

I charged my phone, used it yesterday morning, took my exam, and as soon as it finished, my phone suddenly wouldn't turn on AT ALL (it had only been 2 hours!). i have tried every single method listed online (holding down volume + power button, charging, safe mode, connecting via itunes, holding down power button, etc), and nothing works!

what do you think is wrong with it? i have a lot of important information on my phone, will i lose all my data? how the hell does an iphone randomly stop working out of nowhere??

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you are making backups you will not loose your data.

If not . . . . . you have no one to blame except yourself.

Any electronic device can quit working. Does not matter what brand it is.

Apple should replace the phone if their are no signs of physical damage. You are lucky as Apple has the best service.

3. Pelea thread starter macrumors 6502

what i'm asking is, if my phone randomly stops working, whilst it's being kept in perfect condition, which component is likely to be the cause? will the ssd in the iphone be broken? is it possible the battery stopped working and it can just be replaced?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The only way to know is to take it to an Apple store and have them run diagnostics on it. It could be any of the things you mentioned and many more. If it is under warranty and shows no signs of abuse, Apple will replace it.

A last ditch effort would be here: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reset-dfu-mode-iphone-7/

If that does nothing, the Apple store is your next step.