iphone 7 stopped working on wifi, iPad still works

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bjb.butler, May 31, 2017.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

My iPhone stopped being able to access the internet when on wifi, while my other devices (iPad, smart TV, etc) can. I've factory reset the base station and I have also reset network settings on the iPhone. Is there anything else I can try besides restoring my iPhone and seeing if that fixes it?

Because it happened in the last few days, I'm guessing this problem has something to do with that recent software update...

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

If you reset the phone,you have to manually reconnect to wifi with router password. After that,it should work fine.

3. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I've gone into settings on the phone and Reset Network Setrings, and then connected to the network again. It connects to the base station, but no internet access.

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Ok,then it's obviously not the wifi connection. You got any kind of parent filter or internet security installed in the phone?

5. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Nope. Everything has been working fine until a few nights ago when the phone updated itself to the latest iOS overnight, so I'm assuming that's the problem...

6. MiniGeek macrumors member

Can the phone access the internet through your cellular data?

Have you tried another wifi station?

Are you able to access the settings of your base station (router)? Does it show up on the list of connected devices?

7. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Yup, the internet on the phone works through cellular data, and it also works on other wifi networks. The only problem is with my home network.

I can connect to the base station, but I don't have internet access. However, all my other devices (iPad, smart TV, XBOX, etc.) can connect to the base station and have internet access.

8. MiniGeek macrumors member

It sounds like the problem is with your base station, which I would call a router.

This link is rather technical, but maybe there's something here that would help.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068