Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gim

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
"In fact current iPhones already use comparable technology, but nothing Apple has chosen to market as a feature."

Just charge your iPhone with an iPad charger, especially the Plus models charge so fast from 20 to 80%.
I don't see the need to market a feature that's already included since the 6 Plus.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Only the 6, 6+, and 6s+ utilize fast charging. For some reason the 6s doesn't fast charge. But gim is right, Apple has included something similar for a while now. It is not as fast as quick charge, but hopefully they can make something work. For now, using the iPad charger (or any other >1A charger) will have the three aforementioned model of phones charge faster than with the included power adapter.

Reactions: gim

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
"In fact current iPhones already use comparable technology, but nothing Apple has chosen to market as a feature."

Just charge your iPhone with an iPad charger, especially the Plus models charge so fast from 20 to 80%.
I don't see the need to market a feature that's already included since the 6 Plus.
That's faster charging, but not quite fast charging that some Android phones (and perhaps some other phones) offer.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013

You obviously haven't tried fast charge on Android. It's so fast on my Note 4 that I rarely worry about the battery. And it's only version 2.0. Now they have 3.0 fast charge

enriquesh96

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2016
West Coast State of Mind
Fast charging is actually possible already but the thing is that apple doesn't want to market it as selling point. On the other hand, android manufacturers are so desperate to draw as many customer as possible using the most basic features.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
You obviously haven't tried fast charge on Android. It's so fast on my Note 4 that I rarely worry about the battery. And it's only version 2.0. Now they have 3.0 fast charge
True.

Fast charge version 2.0 is quite fast, 3.0 is significantly better. Apple's very far behind and it's a shame. Rapid charging is a very valuable feature.
[doublepost=1471314297][/doublepost]
Fast charging is actually possible already but the thing is that apple doesn't want to market it as selling point. On the other hand, android manufacturers are so desperate to draw as many customer as possible using the most basic features.
Your ignorance of the competition is showing.

As painful as it must be for you, facts are Apple still uses lots of old technology. A 1950's style mechanical analog home button. A slow old school charger, big ugly bezels that dwarf the 5.5" display. Even the Galaxy Note 7 with its large 5.7" display is smaller and lighter than the porky iPhone 6S Plus.

Apple's got work to do to catch up.

Reactions: lordofthereef

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If Apple implements something similar to Samsung's fast charging system, it might be enough to assist those in purchasing the iPhone 7. Samsung has it right with their fast wireless charging dock. I'm jealous. Hate to admit it. But it's true.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
does this fast charging have any negative impact on battery charge capacity overtime? fast charging can heat up the phone quickly, which in turn reduce battery capacity quicker. iphone battery is best in temperature between 32 and 95F. if it is over 95F, the battery capacity will reduce quicker.

you can take any enhancing drug to boost your strength but over time it will damage your body.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Same basic features that Apple copies from Android manufacturers years later like water-resistance, wireless charging, raise to wake, ability to delete first-party apps, ability to choose yout keyboard, etc.

iPhones - Still no file manager to move files. iTunes can't read AVI and MKV formats. No torrent apps. No 2K displays yet. No VR. No always-on display. No double tap to wake or sleep. No S Pen. Can't mass delete files on the phone. Can't delete any photo album from phone. No mico-sd slot. Can't sideload apps. iTunes, iTunes, iTunes. Uglier designs or a lame 4-year old recycled one like the SE. Too much wasted for top and bottom bezels. On and on...

LG V10 can charge from 0%-100% in 65 minutes.

Android at over 1.4B active users and nearly 80% marketshare isn't desperate for customers. Nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.