iPhone 7 Upgrade Program Credit Card Change

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuietFun, Sep 19, 2016.

1. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

I am wanting to enroll in the Apple Program and I got all the way to the end and realized they do NOT accept Credit/DEBIT cards as a form of payment. I have never owned a credit card and I guess I will have to find one now. I am curious about is anyone has changed their credit card while enrolled in this program? I am planning on seeing if my parents can put up a card until I can get one in and then make a switch.

Thank you,

Tom.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

You can change form of payment after the loan is established. They require a credit card because they use that as the way to run your credit check. They swipe your card, enter your social and your birthday, and it spits out if you are approved or not.

3. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I'm a little confused. The program does not accept debit cards as a form of payment, but they do accept credit cards. Once you enroll into the program with a credit card, whoever's name is on the credit card is on the loan. You can not change the owner of the loan, and use a different credit card because only the owner of the original credit card was approved for the loan.

If you want to do the program yourself, you must be the one on the credit card. You may not be approved for a loan though depending on if you have established any credit or not.