Carrier iPhone 7 Verizon Device Payment at Local Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michlc88, Sep 7, 2016.

1. michlc88 macrumors member

Does anyone know if the retail Apple stores will be able to complete a Verizon device payment transaction when there is still money owed on the existing device payment?

How this works directly through Verizon is that they have you pay the amount remaining before they let you upgrade. I know Apple can handle new Verizon device payments in store, but not sure about those who still have payments to make.

2. comptr macrumors 65816

You need to call Verizon First and find out the remaining balance on your phone and then pay it off. Once its paid off then you can upgrade to a new phone. Apple can sell you a new phone but you need to call Verizon directly and pay the remaining balance off.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Use the My Verizon app to check what the balance left is and you can also pay it in the app. Then pick up phone from Apple Store.

4. michlc88 thread starter macrumors member

I'm on the plan with verizon where you can upgrade after paying 50% of the phone off if you turn the phone back in. how this works with verizon directly is if you don't have 50% paid off, you pay the difference you still owe to make up 50%, they let you upgrade, and you mail them the old phone back once you get the new phone. i didn't know if apple was set up to do this or not. it almost sounds like it will be easier to go through verizon, however.

I know you can definitely do it if the phone is 100% paid off, but I'm looking to only pay 50% and trade the phone back in.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    i got the 6s+ i have now at the apple store through a verizon device payment. i think have paid like 45% currently, so i only owe like $48 or something like that until I'm 50% paid off.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I have a feeling you'll have to pay the payment at Verizon.

I asked AT&T the same question and they said I had to go to the store. So if it's not there on launch day, I'm out of luck.

6. michlc88 thread starter macrumors member

i checked on verizon's site and the only option they give you to pay the phone off is to pay it in full. its only when you go to upgrade your phone they allow you to make the smaller payment to get you to 50%. either way, the phone has to go back to the carrier if you don't pay it off entirely. i might go to my apple store and have them "upgrade" me to a new 6s and see how it works, whether i pay the remaining balance when i pay the phone taxes, or they tell me to go to verizon.