iPhone 7 Volume button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nonnieee, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Nonnieee macrumors newbie

I bought the iPhone 7 (jet black) a few months ago and just recently I noticed that the up volume button is slightly more in the into the body the down button. When I have no case on it I have no problems with it, but with a case on it I have to push a little bit more to raise the volume. And since I have the jet black version I rarely use it without a case. Should I take it back to the Apple Store?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Could it be the case that's causing this issue? Have you tried a different case?

3. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

4. Nonnieee thread starter macrumors newbie

The left button is the one that doesn't work properly
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017 ---
    Nope, I've used 3 different cases, one from apple and 2 from spigen and it doesn't make any difference...

Attached Files:

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If one of the buttons is not working the way it should you need to have Apple take a look at it.

6. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

mine is the same, it functions perfectly but there's a super small difference

7. Nonnieee thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine functions okay without a case, it isn't really noticeable then, but as soon as I put a case on it i have to use a lot more force, and it is getting really annoying

8. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Yes take it back & have it check. Most likely will be replaced/ repair for mild defect but still covered under warranty.

9. AmazingRobie macrumors member

Get it fixed while you still can, then turn on assistive touch and never use it again. Get used to using assistive touch because its the only way to keep your device from falling apart over time.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It shouldnt fall apart just by using the volume buttons though.
    I'd get it checked out by Apple.

11. wdam123 macrumors regular

wdam123

I've been through several iPhone 7's too because of this issue, but I was told at the Apple Store that the reason the bottom button is slightly higher is because there is more re-inforcement as the bottom volume button is the one used for holding to reset now etc as opposed to the home button.

12. dimitricook macrumors newbie

I have the same after they replaced my iphone. Did not see that on my previous iphone 7.