Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fallsilent

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
So as I understand it, the same screen protectors made for the iPhone 6/6s will fit the iPhone 7? Unlike the cases which will not fit because of the new camera. Is this correct or have I been misinformed?

Thanks in advance.

oconnell84

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
Cases will fit for the 7 just not the plus models. This of course depends on the case. Some of mine will fit as the camera slot is large enough to accommodate the new camera.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Cases will fit for the 7 just not the plus models. This of course depends on the case. Some of mine will fit as the camera slot is large enough to accommodate the new camera.

Do you think it is safe to order an iPhone 6/6S Plus Film screen protector ahead of receiving my new iPhone 7 Plus? do you think the front is the same as the iphone 6 plus and 6S plus ?

is the earphone cutout the same on the iphone 7 plus as the one on the iphone 6s plus?

Last edited:

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Do you think it is safe to order an iPhone 6/6S Plus Film screen protector ahead of receiving my new iPhone 7 Plus? do you think the front is the same as the iphone 6 plus and 6S plus ?

is the earphone cutout the same on the iphone 7 plus as the one on the iphone 6s plus?

Most new cases come with a screen protector.

Joshiwo

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016

I've been wondering about the same thing. I've been mailing Spigen, Zagg and Moshi, looking for glass screen protectors, and Spigen say they're not planning on making one. Asked them if the 6s Plus one would fit. Still waiting for an answer.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I've been wondering about the same thing. I've been mailing Spigen, Zagg and Moshi, looking for glass screen protectors, and Spigen say they're not planning on making one. Asked them if the 6s Plus one would fit. Still waiting for an answer.

I emailed spigen today as well and they replied to me saying that they are planning on releasing an iPhone 7 screen protector and that he doesn't recommend buying the iPhone 6s one because it might not fit but I'm thinking they are only saying it to charge more for the "official" iPhone 7 screen protector when they release it

By the way, I'm not buying a glass screen protector , in looking to buy the crystal clear film screen protector, I'm not a fan of glass screen protectors
[doublepost=1473369530][/doublepost]
Most new cases come with a screen protector.

I plan on buying the Apple leather case and I doesn't come with a screen protector

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I emailed spigen today as well and they replied to me saying that they are planning on releasing an iPhone 7 screen protector and that he doesn't recommend buying the iPhone 6s one because it might not fit but I'm thinking they are only saying it to charge more for the "official" iPhone 7 screen protector when they release it

By the way, I'm not buying a glass screen protector , in looking to buy the crystal clear film screen protector, I'm not a fan of glass screen protectors
[doublepost=1473369530][/doublepost]

I plan on buying the Apple leather case and I doesn't come with a screen protector

Cheap protectors from eBay seem to do the job.

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
So as I understand it, the same screen protectors made for the iPhone 6/6s will fit the iPhone 7? Unlike the cases which will not fit because of the new camera. Is this correct or have I been misinformed?

Thanks in advance.

I think they will fit, but I wonder if a home button cutout is necessary now. Not having tried the new home button yet, I really don't know.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I don't think 6S/Plus screen protectors will fit, the earpiece speaker is wider for stereo speaker usage.

Yeah, it'll probs fit the screen but will mask some of the speaker grill hole.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Did a quick visual comparison of the front face of the 6s+ vs 7+ and it seems the speaker grill along the top is wider in the 7+. So will need new screen protectors.... Wonder if anyone will have some for sale next week before launch!?!?!

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Did a quick visual comparison of the front face of the 6s+ vs 7+ and it seems the speaker grill along the top is wider in the 7+. So will need new screen protectors.... Wonder if anyone will have some for sale next week before launch!?!?!

Do you really think the earpiece grille is wider? i can't really tell from the photos on apple.com comparing the iphone 7 Plus and the iPhone 6S Plus,

fallsilent

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Do you really think the earpiece grille is wider? i can't really tell from the photos on apple.com comparing the iphone 7 Plus and the iPhone 6S Plus,

From what I've seen on the 7+ model it looks to be wider but the 7 looks the same. It's really noticeable on the white bezel models.
[doublepost=1473380738][/doublepost]
I think they will fit, but I wonder if a home button cutout is necessary now. Not having tried the new home button yet, I really don't know.

It looks like the home button is still recessed and there is still a sensor ring around it so I don't think a protector without a cut out will work.

Reactions: Peter K.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
From what I've seen on the 7+ model it looks to be wider but the 7 looks the same. It's really noticeable on the white bezel models.
[doublepost=1473380738][/doublepost]

It looks like the home button is still recessed and there is still a sensor ring around it so I don't think a protector without a cut out will work.

Thats an interesting observation regarding the earphone grille being wider, which photos of the iphone 7 and 7 plus are you looking at to compare?

assuming they widened the earphone piece, this screen protector will no longer work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NGMVHEW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A389UX2GHRBG9
[doublepost=1473381665][/doublepost]i just compared these 2 photos and it does seem like they changed the width of the earphone grille on the iphone 7 Plus. heres are photos,

iphone 7 plus:

9tj01v.jpg

iphone 6s plus:

9hi2c3.jpg

What this means is that iPhone 6S Plus screen protectors will not work on the iPhone 7 Plus period.

What are my options at this point though? i am going to need a screen protector (film screen protector, not a glass screen protector), there seems to be a bunch of these glass screen protectors out there on amazon for the iphone 7 and 7 plus already but i cant find any Film sticker screen protectors for the iphone 7 and 7 plus

Last edited:

Joshiwo

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
I got an answer from Spigen:
iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s have different dimensions, and their layouts and cutouts are different

I see that Zagg are releasing their line of protectors, but I want one that covers the entire screen.

Reactions: InAustralia

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I got an answer from Spigen:

I see that Zagg are releasing their line of protectors, but I want one that covers the entire screen.

hey guys i was just checking amazon, techarmor released their iphone 7 and 7 plus film screen protectors, in stock at amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.