iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s plus camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by majkom, Mar 24, 2017.

1. majkom macrumors 65816

hi, is there any comparison between 6s plus a 7 non plus cameras?

iPhone is my only camera so I tend to buy best camera within my iPhone, but if 7 is as good as 6s plus, maybe I can go smaller form factor this time:) any ideas??

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Well, the big hardware difference is that the iPhone 7 has the 1.8 aperture versus the 2.2 for the 6s Plus. That would mean better low light performance for the 7. In good light they are probably the same.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and my wife has an iPhone SE (6s camera). We take lots of photos simultaneously at various events of our kids and such. There is no quality difference between my 7 and her SE in good light. Even in dim light not a huge difference. Although, the darker the setting the better my 7 Plus looks in comparison. But your 6s Plus with optical image stabilization would be even better than the SE in dim light.

Camera's are getting so good anymore the improvements are getting smaller and smaller.

3. maxjohnson2 macrumors regular

I also have a iPhone SE and 7, for daylight photos there isn't a difference to my eyes. Although the benefit of the iPhone 7 non-plus is that it also have optical image stabilization like the Plus model for keeping videos steady.

4. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

So, nonplus ip7 camera is little bit better than 6s plus, is that right?