Iphone 7 with no passcode or Touch ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woodynorman, Sep 17, 2016.

1. woodynorman macrumors 6502

I don't use Touch ID or a passcode. I've been in construction all my life. My fingers are just plain chewed up and Touch ID doesn't work for me. I always have some sort of dried glue or something stuck to them which makes it worse. I also don't feel the need have a passcode on my phone. (Please don't turn this into a "your stupid to not have a passcode on your phone thread").

My new iphone 7+ should arrive next week and I'm worried how it will work with the new lock screen/home button. How will it work without Touch ID or a passcode? Can I just pick up the phone and "press" the home button and be on my home screen?? I've read all the threads about how it works, but most everyone seems to use Touch ID.

Thanks!

2. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

I would think the force of pressing the home button would unlock it, it just needs to feel pressure so your good

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Without swipe, a conductive touch to touch id is required to get the PIN screen, without it, it will just go to home.
    hopefully i am not wrong on this.

4. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Don't worry. You can have it with no touch ID. You just press the home button as normal and it unlocks on the second press (one to wake, one to unlock).

It does require skin contact though so no gloves or using a pen or anything other than organic skin.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

But it's not a button. There's nothing to press. It's just 'touch' basically. You'd still need to touch it to get the phone to 'wake up' so it can go to the home screen. He's asking if with his fingers it will work. If you can use the touch-screen on the phone, the home button will work too.