iPhone 7(+) iPhone 7 wont restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antdawe, May 15, 2019.

1. antdawe macrumors regular

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 7 that had a replacement screen (non apple). It worked fine however I had an upgrade during this time so this went in the drawer. Ive recently broken my iPhone X :-( and need to use the 7 again.

When I plug the mains charger in it was going through the apple logo loop. Soon as the mains disconnected nothing would respond.

I have put it into DFU mode but iTuness and various other tools are unable to get it out of dfu mode to restore.

Now when I plug it into the mains I get the iTunes logo.

Whats really odd is I can't get this iTunes logo to appear when connected to iMac USB. The only thing I can do is get it into DFU mode ruling out a faulty battery.

Firstly

Why is it not giving me the apple logo when connected to usb but does when connected to mains?

Secondly

is there anything I can do to restore it?

I must add that about 1 in times I will go back to the computer and it has the iTunes logo on there following a restore attempt.

Any help is much appreciated

2. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

Not sure if I understand. You can't reinstall iOS in DFU/Recovery as there's an error about bad battery? p.s. It could indeed die for whatever reason, so there's may be some sense to replace it.