iPhone 7 yellowish screen solved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steveng01, Sep 17, 2016.

1. steveng01 macrumors newbie

Turned out that iOS 10 has a new feature that allows users to change hue, so actually the yellowish screen on iPhone 7 is not a defect as some users claimed. Before you return your iPhone 7 you might want to try this first.
    General -> accessibility -> display accommodations -> turn color filters on -> select color tint and adjust the hue accordingly

Hope it helps everyone.

2. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

While your advice is appreciated, I think this has been mentioned a few times in the posts related to the yellow tint and brightness issues. It appears that this solves the 'yellowish tint' issue, but not the brightness. Have you noticed an increase in brightness after playing with this setting?

3. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Any software calibration you apply is going to lower brightness. This is a great feature to have on iOS, but it's not going to help with the brightness concerns people are seeing.

4. steveng01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have issue with brightness on my 4.7. I often find the screen being too bright that I have to manually adjust the brightness. I compared my i7 with my wife's i6s+ and my old i6+. We both agreed that i7 is brighter at max level but also more yellowish before the color filter feature was turned on.

5. joonyaboy macrumors 6502

joonyaboy

Warmer is better once you get used to it, IMO

6. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

Wow, thank you - had no idea this feature existed!

7. steph280 macrumors member

warmer is supposedly healthier for your eyes since there are less blue lights. I believe this was a feature since iOS9, something about the night time mode. They just changed the setting location.

8. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Thanks. I was a little worried but wasn't going to return it anytime soon. I think I'll leave it on original settings and see if I notice it after a while or just get used to it.

9. sekazi macrumors 6502

+1. Optimal at 5500K in the morning and 3000K at night.

10. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i have also messed around with these settings and fixed it as best i could... in my opinion looks much better however my iPhone 6s plus is still brighter then the new iPhone 7 plus i guess well see what happends.

11. ToddH, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Not solved. This doesn't do anything to the display, it is for helping those that are color blind. I adjusted the colors, yet my screen is still yellowish compared to the white bezel, it is tan. Not sure if this can be adjusted. Maybe it needs burn in time.

The screen looks normal indoors.. has a slight blue tint.

12. briand05 macrumors 6502

Yeah it's somewhat warmer than my 6s was but I think my 6s was a bit too blue. My 7 looks fine imo. The truth is color temperature can slightly vary between every phone, I've seen it in Android phones too. All the iPhone 7's I've seen on display along with my own, I think look fine and I'm the type to be picky about this kind of thing. There certainly may be some overly yellow screens out there, but just because your 7 is warmer than your 6s doesn't indicate a problem with the screen.

13. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

You can be certain that Apple wouldn't send a major YouTube tech reviewer a faulty iPhone. Warmer screen is intended as shown at 5:07:

14. entraik Suspended

Except when you do this.... the color tint on decreases the original brightness a bit.. you get a tradeoff of no yellow tint but less brightness.