iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apolloa, Oct 24, 2016.

1. apolloa macrumors G4

After some advice, I had an iPhones 6S which I did sell and I actually bought an iPhone 7, but I didn't like the vibration from the speakers and the camera was very slow in low light. So I sold that and bought a Note 5 but it's camera over saturated the colours.plus I missed 3DTouch.

Hmm..

So that's going back, and I am going to get an iPhone again. Returning phones has become my new hobby haha.

Anyway..

I am deciding between the 6S and the 7, I had my 6S for about a year before with few issues. But the 7 seems to have better reception plus the waterproofing.

However, I can probably get over the vibrating body with the speakers, but has the camera improved? I'm talking trying to take photos of a dog that doesn't sit still too much in low light, not darkness though, have the latest updates made it faster at all? I don't really want a Plus as it's too big for me with a case on. Also how much more detail does the 7 camera capture compared to the 6S?

2. takasugi macrumors regular

I think the 7 camera is a lot better than the 6S just for the Optical Image Stabilization. Depends on how much you might need this and the difference in price between the 2. For me, $100 extra is worth it for the 7.

3. jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

It all depends on how long you plan on keeping it. If you know your gonna jump on the new iPhone next year saving a bill might make more sense. If your gonna keep it longer than that definatly get the 7.

4. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

5. apolloa thread starter macrumors G4

Yes the OIS is a good feature, one I would prefer to have, just also want to know if the camera was improved at all with yesterday's update or was it just the Plus model?

Not too fussed about next year, if I have a 7 it'll fetch more money when I sell it next year for a new one, I'd I buy a 6S I save money now.

What are your experiences with the iPhone 7 camera so far?

6. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Water resistant. Not waterproof

IPhone 7 camera is slightly better than the 6S camera.

iPhone 7 camera is better in lower light than the 6S camera.

7. apolloa thread starter macrumors G4

Have you got experience of the better low light performance? If so how has it been better in YOUR experience?