iPhone 7c Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Sep 26, 2016.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I went by the Apple Store this weekend and finally got to see the iPhone 7 (they had the 7 and not a Plus) on Display in Jet Black.

1. It did look kind of cool.

2. But is was excessively smudgy and while it is handled by a lot of people, my phone gets handled a lot by me.

3. It didn't feel like plastic, but it looks like plastic. In fact it looks like an iPhone 7c.

4. While many won't care, to each their own and all that, I have to say I am glad that I went with the (matte) Black. If the iPhone had come in Slate/Space and Jet Black I think I may have gone with JB just to get away from the grey. But between the iPhone 7 Blacks, the regular (matte) Black is the winner.

5. I think that is the case before you even get into scratches, or how smudgy it is. It just doesn't look as nice. But that's just my opinion.

However, I would watch this.

And this.

2. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Totally awesome, another "Jet Black sucks/glad I got the matte black and you should too and I'm gonna tell you why" thread :D:D:D

3. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

4. Geert76 macrumors 65816

Got mine now 6th day in use now; no visible scratches!

Sorry! :cool::p

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I actually went with the iPhone 7 in Gold and silver for two iPhones. If I had purchased a different color, I would have purchased the matte Black as well.

6. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Both colors are awesome but i still like the flagship color more

7. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Both colors are really nice. Next year when the phone is nice shiny and ceramic, more scratch-resistant, no one will care about them anyway.

8. slimothy Suspended

slimothy

He's just trying to make himself feel better for not being quick enough with his pre-order so he is trying to justify why his purchase was better. Deep down he knows Jet Black is the superior of the two. Much more grip on the Jet Black, and also looks way more classy.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I completely understand it is more "grippy", but unless you have a plus what are you doing so the phone slides out of your hand?

10. iphone4life6901 macrumors member

Why do people constantly feel the need to start threads that go something like: "I'm so glad I chose matte black over jet black..." Like what is the end game? Lol

11. slimothy Suspended

slimothy

The iPhone 7 is not a small phone by any means. The matte black variant is much more slippery than even the other normal colors. I don't know why, but it is. Just because it's not the Plus model doesn't mean you won't drop it. And any increase in the "bar-of-soap" feeling is a huge negative, in my opinion.

12. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

What you actually mean is, another: "I totally wish I got Jet Black but didn't feel like waiting anymore and I'm going to convince myself why my decision was the right one." thread.

13. mattopotamus, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

i'll agree with others, for justification. I think the JB looks plastic, but I also think it looks great and feels great in the hand. I also feel the same way about matte black too. Looks like batman's phone.

To the OP, you realize both of those videos you posted pretty much praised the JB?

14. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

What is the flagship color?

15. HippieMagic, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

HippieMagic macrumors 6502

Jet Black. It's the color they are using in all of their marketing.

Also I hate being "that" guy, but it does seem like a lot of people are trying to justify their decision to order black now that jet black is shipping. I mean it's obviously going to show fingerprints more... it is shiny like glass. It doesn't look plastic to me at all. Just because it's shiny doesn't mean it's plastic. I don't even understand that argument.

My screen is never clean anyway.

Also who, exactly, are you trying to impress with a pristine and spotless phone?

16. Erik_Eriksen macrumors newbie

Erik_Eriksen

this thread reminds me of the interviews at the stores on opening day...

"...I came here to get a Black 7+, but they didn't have one so I got a gold 7 instead...I just couldn't wait to get what I REALLLLLY wanted...so I'll return this in 30 days for a different one until my 7+ comes in..."

17. iphone4life6901 macrumors member

It's almost like they're trying to sell us on a color, because they're not 100% convinced themselves. This is simple, you can return it and wait until a Jet Black configuration becomes available. No need to hate, haha :D.

18. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I've been using the jet black Plus for a week now and I think it is the best looking iPhone to date. Better still, it is not as slippery as the other aluminum phones and I appreciate that as someone who usually stays naked. My son has an iPhone 5c and there is no comparison - the 7 Plus is a much more premium phone. The thing I love most about the look is how it all looks unibody - barely visible antenna lines and it looks like it wraps all the way around.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the jet black, actually, when I was initially beginning to doubt my purchase when the reviews starting coming out.

Now whether some owners are justifying their matte black purchases or not is of no concern to me. I guess we all do that to some degree, when it's clear there is no right or wrong here. Enjoy what you bought or else return it and get what you wished you had bought.

19. rversteegh macrumors member

Watching her tear that plastic and throw it away made me want to cry a little. I thought she understood everything when I saw her knife open the plastic.... I should have known it was too good to be true when she knifed the fourth side and didn't leave the plastic attached as one piece.