iPhone 7P Poor Speaker Output Volume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbgreen89, Nov 19, 2016.

1. tbgreen89 macrumors newbie

tbgreen89

So short story. I purchased a 7 Plus in JB a few weeks ago. The volume output of the stereo speakers was loud and clear. From speaker phone calls, you tube, facebook videos and even spotify. Ended up exchanging the phone for a MB one cause my stupid OCDness. I exchanged it and received a 7 Plus MB.. First thing I noticed was the volume output was super low compared to the JB version and not as clear. Example comfortable listening level on the JB was at 1/4.. now on the MB it has to be at a 1/2 if not more.

Has anyone else noticed this?? Should I go to Apple and have them check it out? This phone is perfect other then that. What to do...

2. ArmCortexA8, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016

ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

It's well known that Apple use audio output volume restrictions on most of their devices including iPhones, iPod's etc. This is enforced via the software so I would fine it baffling how identical components and just a different colour would have any affect whatsoever on audio output. Also check the App you are using to see if it's volume is max so you can then control the volume via the phone.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

he means jet black not jail broken

4. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

I suggest you clarity JB is jet black, not Jailbroken.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

In the context of iPhone 7 (that can't run anything before iOS 10, which hasn't been jailbroken so far), it more or less follows at this point.

6. tbgreen89 thread starter macrumors newbie

tbgreen89

If you read the thread clearly.. you'll know I mean Jet Black and Matt Black. Not hard to understand.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

To be fair the "jb" abbreviation has long been used in place of "jailbroken" or "jailbreak" and it's only very recently with the introduction of the jet black color option that some people have stated using it for the color. There wasn't that much to consider when it came to it before, while now the context plays more of a role and more needs to be considered to differentiate the use.

8. ArmCortexA8, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016

ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

You used the term "JB" 3 times in your post and not once did you mention the term "jet black". Never make assumptions and use proper terms to clarify.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, what he said.
    The term jb is used for over 9 years within the iPhone context for jailbroken or jailbreaking.
    And soon when a jb comes out for iOS 10 there will be lots of confusion when people start using jb differently meaning the jet black finish.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Yep. I've been jb'ing since 2007, so my first thought runs to JB as "jailbroken", regardless of the model iPhone.

Now, to the OP, it does feel as if the volume has been lowered in some of the later versions of iOS 10. I'm not sure if that's a fact or not, but it seems that way to my ears.

11. tbgreen89 thread starter macrumors newbie

tbgreen89

Well regardless of me saying JB (jet black) can we get my thread back to my questions and concerns? Thanks.

I wonder if it could be a hardware or software issue.. but if my other phone I returned was louder seems more likely to be a hardware issue.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem or have noticed low volume as well??

12. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

There is no jailbreak for IOS 10 just by that alone a Jb iPhone 7 is jet black

13. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There's obviously something wrong with it, I would return it immediately. The first thing I noticed about MB Plus was that the volume was super loud compared to my 6S[/QUOTE]

14. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Had to return a 7P because the speaker was horrible and the call quality was horrible. There are just defective units out there. Get yours replaced asap.

15. tbgreen89 thread starter macrumors newbie

tbgreen89

How will they replace it if I'm passed my 13 day return/exchange deal??

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it's a defect they will repair or replace the phone.

17. BearBert macrumors regular

BearBert

Earlier this month had 7 plus Jet black and returned it 4 days later for almost the same reasons. The earpiece volume was just to low for my liking compared to other iPhones I own.

18. sparkie7 macrumors 68010

sparkie7

Could you post a youtube vid showing how low your volume is?