iPhone 7plus Bluetooth car streaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjb59463, Sep 25, 2016.

1. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

hey everyone,
    Having some issues streaming Bluetooth in one of my cars with my 7 plus. The car is a 2013 Ford Escape. For a while it worked flawlessly, but today, it started cutting out about 10 seconds into songs and dropping connection.

I had to erase the profile from the car and the phone and pair it again to get it to work, only to run into the same problem of dropping connection after playing a song for 10-15 seconds.

In my other car, my iPhone skips badly sometimes over Bluetooth, but never drops connection.

Never had any issue with my 6 or 6s phones, Is this a known issue with the 7's? Hardware or software?

2. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

i think this is a iphone 7 issue. do you have any apps that use bluetooth? for example, kevo or tile.
    i get frequent drops of the bluetooth connection when there are other apps installed that use bluetooth. as soon as i delete the apps the audio connection stays stable.

not sure if it needs to be fixed in ios 10 or if the apps that use bluetooth need updating.
    I tried the 10.1 beta and it doesnt fix the issue.

i dont get the same drops with the iphone 5s or 6s. i had this happen on two different iphone 7's

3. mjb59463 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have any apps like that. I do use Spotify for all of my music though, I deleted and reinstalled that, didn't fix anything.

4. Mrawr macrumors member

I'm having the same issue with my 7 Plus as well. I use Apple Music to stream. Was running iOS 10 on my 6S and never had an issue. Sigh.

5. mjb59463 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just tried it in my other car, which is a 2013 Infiniti. Used Spotify, experienced A little skipping, but it never dropped connection.

What's puzzling to me is that my girlfriend also just tried her regular 7 using Spotify in the ford, and that played perfectly fine.