iPhone 7plus dictation volume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ksujoel, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ksujoel macrumors regular

ksujoel

I got the 7 Plus Matte Black and I absolutely love it! I have a question though. When I first set up my iPhone, I did so from an iCloud back up (which I normally don't do but didn't have any problems. This morning I decided to do reset and set it up as a new iPhone(this is what I usually do with a new phone). Again, have not had any problems with the exception of one thing....the dictation tone is not loud when I press the microphone, like in iMessage or in email. I use dictation a lot in messages and I am also very hard of hearing so I depend on hearing that tone when I press the mic button. I do not have any problems with the speakers when listening to music or using speakerphone on a call.....

Any suggestions? I got a loud tone when I pressed the mic under the iCloud backup.

2. Allewsive macrumors member

Allewsive

Same here... I have two volume things (issues?)

The dictation button is louder than usual (tested against my old 6s+)

The keypad clicks are not as loud (tested against old 6s+)

I set the 7+ up as a new iPhone and it is running the obvious iOS10... strange

3. ksujoel thread starter macrumors regular

ksujoel

I wonder if I should go back to my back up.... but I thought a clean install would give me better battery life and less chance of software bugs... *shrugs shoulders*