iPhone 7s and 8 Screen sizes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLUEBLASTER, Jul 28, 2017.

1. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

With the new phones coming out this September. I'm going with the assumption of 7s, 7s Plus and iPhone Pro (Not 8) will the Pro/8 be the one with the bigger screen? Bigger than the 7s plus?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's been rumored the 7S will have a size factored in 4.7 and 5.5 LED. The rumored OLED will have a 5.8 display.

3. NBAasDOGG macrumors regular

NBAasDOGG

It's a utterly embarrassment if Apple releases the 7S and 7S Plus, especially when we consider they are running 2 years behind when compared to Samsung (more water resistant, better camera, Qi charging, larger screen, Oled, Iris scan, Facial recognition, 64GB standard, SD card, VR, headphone jack and lower price than IPhone 7 32GB)

4. dickhead001 macrumors newbie

iPhone 8 will be between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

5. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Pretty simple and that's what bothers me is that we or many people will be duped with screen sizes.

7s 4.7" LCD
    7s Plus 5.5" LCD
    8 5.8" OLED (but due to no Home Button and no bezels it's the same size as the 4.7" overall)

So a big factor in a new phone having a big bold device which is usefull. Not sure how awkward it's gonna be Even Re-learning how to How a device with No place to hold it from.

Lastly abouts screen size is we are being duped into buying the Ladylike small iPhone 8 only to have an iPhone 8s Plus with 6.4" OLED display size next year since they Apple are sourcing the OLED Displays from Samsung. And 5.8" OLED displays were in the Note 5 Note 7 which as Tested are the Best Displays ever.
    And Apple got those displays for the iPhone 8.

Well guess what size the Note 8 will be 6.4" Super OLED. And guess what size the iPhone 8s Plus will be very likely 6.4" Super OLED.

Except you just need to wait til October 2018 to get it. Where as the Note 8 is out this August.

6. craigio85 macrumors regular

Ladylike??

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Apparently some people feel that the size of their phone says something about their manhood?

I actually see a lot of ladies opt for larger phones than guys do, since they carry them in their purses anyway so they don't have to worry about them being pocket-sized.

8. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

7S+ will have the largest usable screen real estate. The OLED 8 iPhone has more screen, but some will be designated to the virtual home button area. The 7S+ will also still be wider, which is a big factor for what feels the most spacious; strictly pertaining to on-screen content.

9. Infiniverse48 macrumors 6502a

That guy tries to makeup for something he lacks elsewhere

10. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

I prefer a 5.2" screen but can handle a 5.8" since I had the S8+ and the S7 recently. Just has to get a slim body profile realistically because I care more about less bulk than bigger screen sizes.

11. Ralfi macrumors 65816

Ralfi

5.8" is from the exteme lower corner to the opposite corner, where the "tab" rises & forms the split Status Bar (battery or Cellular indicator).

I'm thinking the realistic screen size measurement shouldn't include the split Status Bar, as unlike current iPhones, it won't be used in most if not all Apps.

So would that make the usable area 5.6-5.7" then?

12. edfoo macrumors regular

If you exclude the space used by by status bar on top and virtual home button bar at the bottom, the usable area will be about 5.2" diagonal.

13. Ralfi macrumors 65816

Ralfi

Ok, thanks.

What if the lower virtual home button area was included in that diagonal measurement?

Although, your 5.2" measurement is probably the more realistic, as the virtual home button area won't be used in maps/browser/email/games etc. right?