Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrissy911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
So i was contemplating a switch from android to apple so i've been playing with an iphone to get the hang of it. Except now i'm stuck on a black screen with a cable telling me to plug into itunes. which I did and it told me there was a problem I should restore. So i went through the process and it seemed sucessful and yet i'm still stuck on this screen. I've tried the power/volume down button trick and i get nothing.. help?!

chrissy911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
I dabbled with the ios11 beta which was in hindsight a silly thing for an apple newb to do... i've tried putting it back to 10.3.2. at this point i'd take anyting just go get it on i was starting to really like it.

dn1978

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016
I dabbled with the ios11 beta which was in hindsight a silly thing for an apple newb to do... i've tried putting it back to 10.3.2. at this point i'd take anyting just go get it on i was starting to really like it.

Download the beta version 10.3.3 and restore it. Then you can also restore to 10.3.2, register with Google ios 10.3.3 beta for download, download the file that fits the iPhone 7 and you will be able to restore it through the iTunes.

dn1978

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016

Tell me if you succeed.

chrissy911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Download the beta version 10.3.3 and restore it. Then you can also restore to 10.3.2, register with Google ios 10.3.3 beta for download, download the file that fits the iPhone 7 and you will be able to restore it through the iTunes.

Dude your a god damn genius... its back on.. its on 10.3.3 after i found the ipsw and i darent do anything else now in case i break it again but its on.. its usable and restoring from an icloud back up... The relief is unreal!

dn1978

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016
Dude your a god damn genius... its back on.. its on 10.3.3 after i found the ipsw and i darent do anything else now in case i break it again but its on.. its usable and restoring from an icloud back up... The relief is unreal!

First of all I'm glad I've been able to help you. Second, you can also lower the device to 10.3.2, although soon release 10.3.3. Anyway, again, I was glad to help !!!

chrissy911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Honestly can't thank you enough. been on this ages trying to fix it. I've learned my lessons not to play until i'm a bit more more up to speed with apple.

Reactions: dn1978
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.