iPhone 7s front and back casing leaks.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If that's the 7s and 7s Plus i wonder if the 8/"Pro"/Edition is made out of something else? Ceramic would be great (like the Apple Watch Edition) but i doubt it, In fact i wonder if those separate images showing the bottom are for the 8, it's the 8 that is rumoured to have the stainless steel frame in between the glass.

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
If that's the 7s and 7s Plus i wonder if the 8/"Pro"/Edition is made out of something else? Ceramic would be great (like the Apple Watch Edition) but i doubt it, In fact i wonder if those separate images showing the bottom are for the 8, it's the 8 that is rumoured to have the stainless steel frame in between the glass.
The dummy unit of the 7X leaked within the past 24 hours shows a glass back. The band in the middle is metal.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The dummy unit of the 7X leaked within the past 24 hours shows a glass back. The band in the middle is metal.
So it could be metal for the 7s and 7s Plus but stainless steel for the iPhone 8.

Reactions: JPack

NBAasDOGG

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
This is FAKE!!!

These pictures are from Sonny Dickson! This gentleman only posted photoshopped images in the last 2 years. I don't trust him, but who knows...

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
Definitely considering this. I am one of the few who just does not want a device with little to no bezel.

My only other qualm will be if they are only going with Intel or are they doing like they've always done? Had two 6s with totally different battery life, one TSMC and one Samsung. Just like I tried my friends Verizon (Qualcomm) iPhone 7 and had way lower dBm than my Intel 7 Plus.

CatherineVeraGat

Suspended
May 6, 2017
I hope this is true because we had the same design in pass iPhones for at least 3 generations.... (iPhone 6,6S,7) And we had the same design (Kinda) in the iPhone 5S.

But I do like the aluminum casing on iPhones, but their hasn't been a huge design refresh for a while now. The design refresh from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6 was a huge jump and the jump to the iPhone 7 was more like a "Tic-Tock" design refresh.

Reactions: Sunny1990

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It’s the same damn design we’ve been looking at since 2014 with a new color/finish... **** you Apple you cheap piece of **** how many houses and boats do your VP’s and Directors need to own? Use some of those billions to R&D something new you *******s.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBAasDOGG

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
It’s the same damn design we’ve been looking at since 2014 with a new color/finish... **** you Apple you cheap piece of **** how many houses and boats do your VP’s and Directors need to own? Use some of those billions to R&D something new you *******s.
I do agree about the billions of dollars and the same design.

But seriously, TAKE THE CHILPILL.

NBAasDOGG

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
Multi billion dollar company not spending a single penny on R&D. Same design for freaking 4 years

Tic-tock-tock-tock-cock-tock-cock-tock-tock-tock!!!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I do agree about the billions of dollars and the same design.

But seriously, TAKE THE CHILPILL.
Lol I am relaxed just a little hyperbolic typing. But I’ll take your suggestion anyway:oops:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Definitely considering this. I am one of the few who just does not want a device with little to no bezel.

My only other qualm will be if they are only going with Intel or are they doing like they've always done? Had two 6s with totally different battery life, one TSMC and one Samsung. Just like I tried my friends Verizon (Qualcomm) iPhone 7 and had way lower dBm than my Intel 7 Plus.
Good question. I have also wondered if it will be Qualcomm or Intel.

Reactions: Septembersrain

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
It’s the same damn design we’ve been looking at since 2014 with a new color/finish... FU Apple you cheap POS how many houses and boats do your VP’s and Directors need to own? Use some of those billions to R&D something new you a$$h0l3$
Said so eloquently. But my exact feelings also. Looks like a retro phone in the new bezel-less world.

Coco Nuts

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2016
Will it be heavier with the glass and stainless steel? I hope not. A new and improved phone that is heavier than the old one, no thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.