Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I was recently doing some washing and had a stupid accident with a big bottle of fabric conditioner. It went all over me so quickly stripped off and put it all in the machine and started it up.

Was going up stairs to change when I heard the machine making banging noises and realised that it was my phone still in my jeans. Run back and turned machine off and had too wait to open the door got everything out and there was my phone submerged in soapy water. I can not begin to describe my thoughts for being so stupid.

Got it out took it out of its case dried it all off waited a while turned it on and it was all working fine I was so happy!

One of the main reasons I upgraded this year was because of the waterproofing and now so glad I did its still working with no problems with sound or anything.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I was recently doing some washing and had a stupid accident with a big bottle of fabric conditioner. It went all over me so quickly stripped off and put it all in the machine and started it up.

Was going up stairs to change when I heard the machine making banging noises and realised that it was my phone still in my jeans. Run back and turned machine off and had too wait to open the door got everything out and there was my phone submerged in soapy water. I can not begin to describe my thoughts for being so stupid.

Got it out took it out of its case dried it all off waited a while turned it on and it was all working fine I was so happy!

One of the main reasons I upgraded this year was because of the waterproofing and now so glad I did its still working with no problems with sound or anything.

Don't forget to wash the soap off

Really glad these new ones are water resistant as well; definitely was a factor I considered when I upgraded to 7+ from my 6S+

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan

7s+? Wow you're living in the future
This could be the tagline of the next iPhone. Water and washing machine resistant.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Crazy story. Update us in a week to see if it's still acting and operating normal.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
HA!! I am glad it seems to be working great so far. My son has a Samsung S6 and it got a drop of liquid rolled into the charging port. He thought he got it fast enough and dried it out. He lost the speaker so people couldn't hear him when he made calls. He had to get a new phone. I could not convince him to get an iPhone.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Dirty water with chemicals could make damage what will show up in future... But there is a chance it did not get inside.

No abnormal power drain, carrier signal or touch problems ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.