iphone 8 / 8+ naked or case? post your phone here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

im using an apple leather case which was on sale for 22 bucks but i want to go caseless.
    how about you guys? also post photos of your phone so i can see how you are rocking your phone

2. djdownhill macrumors regular

djdownhill

8 Plus:

Case:

Silk Base Grip Case in Grey:

I really love the feel of this case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Knockoutjosie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

Oh wow nice case. Will you ever go naked ?

4. djdownhill macrumors regular

djdownhill

Nope. Never. Just like all my other phones from day one. Open box, apply screen protector, put it in a case, enjoy. Rinse and Repeat..... :)

I also take them out of the cases and clean them once every 2 weeks.

5. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I got a thin see through under armor case from Best Buy. Looks almost naked but the case is solid.

6. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

I always use spigen thin fit cases. Had one for my 6 and now 8 and S8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. archvile macrumors 6502

archvile

I decided not to roll with a screen protector on my 8 this time, because I've realized that they tear the oleophobic coating off if you ever remove it and then your phone screen becomes fingerprint central. However, yesterday I noticed a hairline scratch near the top-right of the screen, that you can only see in direct light at a certain angle. It still sucks, as I have babied this thing since day one, and have had it for barely 2 weeks. I don't know how the hell it happened (I have even been turning out my pockets and cleaning them out, just being super careful where it goes and what it touches). Had phones for years with screen protectors on and off and never got any screen scratches. Damnit! So frustrating.

8. GC251114 macrumors 6502

8 Plus here.

Too expensive a phone to go naked. Always covered mine up , & as per my iPhone 6 Plus & 6s Plus , my 8 Plus is protected with the genuine Apple Silicone case. This one is black , but previously had Midnight Blue & Product Red colours.

I think they’re a beautiful case , protects very nicely & doesn’t detract anything away from the actual phone. Yes not cheap at £39.99 , but well worth it to protect your £800 phone.

Unlike lots of cases , you don’t have to take it off to position your phone on a dock either.