iPhone 8 and Zagg glass+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Barbs, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Barbs macrumors 6502

I just received my iPhone 8 (4.7”) and new zagg glass+ screen protector. The packaging for the zagg glass says “iPhone 6, 6s, 7”. Anyone called zagg 2 days ago and mentioned to them that the shipping alert email had that description and they said not to worry. That they just need to update their system. And they assured me I was getting a product that would fit the iPhone 8.

So I just installed it and it doesn’t seem to fit all that cleanly. The whole left and ride side of the zagg doesn’t sit flush with the phones screen. Which leans a air strip of grayness that I know will drive me crazy over time.

I’m just wondering if anyone that order the zagg glass product if there packaging said iPhone 8. And does it fit cleanly? Flat along all edges?

Thanks!!!

2. thecore762 macrumors 6502

That is normal because the edges are a little curved.

3. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

same size case and screen protector so could be a defective zag which I'm sure they have a guarantee

4. mbhforum, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

mbhforum macrumors 6502a

5. mfldmike macrumors regular

6. Barbs thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks terrible though.

7. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

It’s the same. The width and weight of the phone changed. The design language of the screen and front panel in general is the same. If it bothers you that much, call and ask them to send a replacement. FWIW I bought a Zagg privacy glass that was labeled for 6/6s/7 + series and it fit my 8+ like a champ. Just gotta know how to line them up

8. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

Screen protectors made for 6,7 should fix exactly the same from the 6 to the 8 series.

9. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

I am not doubting your not happy but I am saying it was either a defect from Zagg or it was not installed perfect, either way most those reputible companies send a replacement if you contact them and are not happy

10. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

I've been using Zagg since iPhone 4 and really like that protector. I picked up the HD Glass + at Best Buy earlier this week, on sale for $20 which was a steal. But the one I bought has a defect on the bottom edge near the home button , like a large air bubble that made the edge bend up a bit - it wouldn't stick to the screen. Went back and got another one.

It is slightly different compared to the older Zagg protectors on my 6 Plus. Doesn't completely cover the iPhone 8+ edges like earlier models. It's all the same size so I guess they are using slightly less material on these.

I just have to be careful, especially right now. I need to break this leather cover in..not used to this (had a silicone one on the 6+ that had nice grip) The 7+ leather case is slippery!
    [​IMG]