iPhone 8+ Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cayden, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I’ve had the new 8+ for a little over a week and I have got to say I’m super impressed with battery life. It lasts almost two days of pretty heavy use. Way better than my 7+! How’s battery life been for everyone else?

Attached Files:

2. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

There are several other threads on this same topic, but I agree wholeheartedly. I have been more than pleased and thrilled with the life of the 8+. I was concerned when I read reports of a smaller capacity battery, but with the new A11 chipset I have been blown away by both performance and efficiency.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I've only had mine over the weekend (launched Friday where I live), but I'm very impressed. Seems about the same or slightly better than my 7 Plus was, which is mighty impressive considering the battery is smaller!

Really loving the 8 Plus and it's definitely the phone for me, until the X's tech reaches the Plus models. Loving all the little improvements. True Tone, louder and bassier speakers, camera is surprisingly better. Taptic Engine also feels a bit nicer, less 'buzzy', if that makes sense. I also love the haptic feedback in the Camera app!

True Tone is the killer feature for me, though. I know it won't be a big deal for many, but I consider it to be a massive upgrade. I put it next to my 7 Plus and was quite disgusted by the blue-tinted display of the older device!

4. blairian89, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017

blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I must echo your sentiments. I have loved True Tone so far. At first I was a little resistant but ran with it. This phone is much easier on the eyes after a day of use in comparison to my 7+, particularly in the evening or dark settings. I have been impressed all around!

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Great battery life, but no way could I get two days, actually use my phone.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I use Low Power Mode and I don't use any intensive applications, but I could easily survive two days with my Plus. But my usage is fairly light as well though.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Two full days would be a stretch and require somewhat light usage.

Though I charge at work, which I find is a better top off point than charging while sleeping at home. Ensures I always have plenty of power to make it through the the night, sleep time and up to lunch break the next day.

8. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I am just going to leave this here. My work phone is an iPhone 8. I let it sit all weekend after a full charge to just see what would happen to it.

It WAS NOT in low power mode. Bonkers to me.

Attached Files: