Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
any reviews or real camera comparisons (with iphone 7) out yet?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
need to wait until it's out to get some real world shots and not the heavily edited photos they market to us.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Normally people have reviews out a week before it's out. I can't find anything this time though

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Normally people have reviews out a week before it's out. I can't find anything this time though

you'll get reviews from tech companies who have had their hands on with it after the keynote. i'd prefer the average Joe review when they get their new phone in hand.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
you'll get reviews from tech companies who have had their hands on with it after the keynote. i'd prefer the average Joe review when they get their new phone in hand.

That's the thing. There are none so far

stabile007

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
That's the thing. There are none so far

Any review that come out early generally means the hardware was provided to them by Apple which means they better say only nice things or you won't get one next year. Maybe Apple finally decided this was bad practice or maybe they have no phones being sent out early or maybe they are out and just under embargo to be released just a little bit later as Apple sees how the pre-order situation plays out (To generate further hype)

Frankly I wouldn't trust them any further then I can throw them. It will likely take a week or two after launch before we start seeing more detailed camera comparisions from reputable reviewers.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Correct, but they always say "I'm gonna have to test this when I get it back at my office" or something along those lines since the lightning/atmosphere isn't ideal for comparisons.
HAHAHA.... so true. I hear that often. I trust little bit more from the actual consumers' perspective than "youtube reviewers."

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I don't think most people will notice a difference. I'll be honest, I didn't notice much going from the 6 to the 6S Plus, but then again I never zoom in super far either when I'm viewing my pictures.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I don't think most people will notice a difference. I'll be honest, I didn't notice much going from the 6 to the 6S Plus, but then again I never zoom in super far either when I'm viewing my pictures.
we'll see when people get those phones.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Which there normally aren't either. People can't review products that doesn't exist.

Professional photographers have had access to models and have sent out detailed reviews before the official launch for the past 5 years.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Professional photographers have had access to models and have sent out detailed reviews before the official launch for the past 5 years.
They are under NDA and are not allowed to release reviews until every other reviewers, which are the day before or on the day of release usually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.