iPhone 8 can't come soon enough.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I know, I know… iPhone 7? We all know the 6S/6+S will remain aesthetically the same with some enhanced features. I'm still purchasing a 6 once the "official factory unlocked"gets released this Nov. Its just that I'm so unimpressed by the 6 and I do need to upgrade my 4S, unless I go for a 5S.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

3. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Oh not the same old numbering dumbness. ITS GONNA BE 7 . The next one is 6s and the one after that will be 7. That's how it always has been and that's how it is going to be in future.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, until it's not.

5. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I think the 2015's iteration with be the iPhone 6S and the ++iPhone 6

6. jcobb40 macrumors newbie

7. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

8. 31rhcp macrumors member

Mavericks.

9. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

10. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem but for different reasons. I absolutely have to update my 4s, battery life is bad, phone is slow on ios7 (cant imagine what its like on ios 8) etc. and I have to upgrade but for me it's the RAM, and to a lesser extent the 6+ downscaling and issues of jitteryness and lag I hear about, that irks me to death.

I don't really want android either so I might just have to settle for this model.

11. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

We're not alone. I've been reading through some threads how some are holding onto their 5S to see what the 6S brings. I, of course, can't wait for the i7. But I doubt the 6S will bring any major enhancements. I love Apple, so I will have to accept what is now.

12. iregret macrumors 6502a

iPhone 7: iPhone More Gooder

13. megadon macrumors 6502

just curious as to what features people are "holding out for"

I understand back in the day when one phone didn't have a front facing camera, and the other didn't have a flash

but other than a flash for selfies (least thing id ever use) I'm not sure what apple can add other than changing the physical looks, size and battery life.

maybe make it waterproof, but i've managed to survive in this world for the last few years without a phone in my bath, so hopefully I'll be able to do it in the future as well.

14. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

I actually think Apple is about to drop the numbering after this version personally. Cook's Apple is slowly changing the way products are named, bit by bit.

They've dropped the "iProduct" moniker from the Jobs years with new products and are now emphasizing the brand itself. :apple: Pay :apple: Watch.

I think from here on out, each year iPhone will just be called "iPhone" and "iPhone+" with updates to the core product similar to how we no longer know what number of iPad we're supposed to be on by now.

15. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I'm very excited for iPhone 10,maybe it can even fly

16. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

You could just buy a Verizon 6 device only. Unlocked from the get go plus Verizon CDMA compatibility. Higher resale too.

17. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I think this might be a real possibly. iPhone 6S Plus just has too much going on for it. Also prior, these were new devices that were leading the market, so it was good naming them 2, 3, 4 etc. so people knew a new version had just come out. Now that the brand has been established this long people don't need to keep being reminded that a new model is out by increasing the name; they just know if you say you have a "new iPhone"

18. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Yeah the iPhone 6 Plus is what the iPhone 4 should have been.

19. I7guy macrumors G5

Just wait for the iPhone 10. It will be amazing. #