Iphone 8 crazy battery flucutations

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kmoss52, Dec 22, 2018.

1. kmoss52 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Have had an iPhone 8 since it came out with no issues. I was out just for a run with apple music my only app open and blue tooth headphones connected and had about 70% or so. Looked back down it was down to 15 and dropping literally every 15-30 seconds. It hit 8% and I turned it off. Turned it back on it was in the 30's but again after a few minutes started dropping rapidly. I always keep the screen brightness on the low side

I'm home now and did a hard reset and its at 44 but after using it for a minute or two or so it went down to 42. Any idea what could be causing this? The clear arrow in the upper corner i notice is always there. Receiving data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

The arrow is location data. Is it a solid arrow or hollow?

3. kmoss52 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hallow

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

You might want to go to settings/privacy/location services and see if anything is set to “always”. Hollow arrow means some app used location data recently.. You can also go to settings/privacy/location services/system services and see all the location settings for the phone and shut off ones that are unnecessary. I can’t guarantee that’s your problem but, it’s a place to start

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

It also sounds like your battery might not be in that good of a shape.

6. JullsJTRIRE macrumors member

JullsJTRIRE

Is it possible that the phone may be with a flaw in it?