iPhone 8 first drop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 13, 2017.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I dropped my 8 at work on a “carpeted” floor. It’s that carpet that is super thin and tight to the floor. Anyone that has been to a target or similar store should know what I mean. Anyway, my phone was on my lap and slid off. No visible damage to the screen, back, camera, or aluminum. Do I need to worry at all about the internals?

2. puma1552 Suspended

Never been to a Target store that had classroom carpet and I live where Target is headquartered...

Anyway your phone is fine.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If It's functioning as normal, then I would not be concerned. But if you were to have issues, you will know soon enough.

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Assuming you did not have a case or screen protector on it, correct? Maybe this is an wake up call telling you to get those two on there soon as you can. Glad no damage

5. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Mine dropped from chest height onto a tile floor. It marred to finish on the corner but no denying, scratches or broken glass. Pretty tough phone. Dropped my 6s on the same tile from a lower height and it landed the same way but broke the glass in the corner.

Anyone have an idea for something that would cover up aluminum to make the small circle of silver less obvious on space gray?

6. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is what it made me think of. This is the target we go to.

Attached Files:

7. puma1552 Suspended

ahhh...maybe they do in the electronics section now that i think about it