iPhone 8 front panel only black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allianz, Jun 12, 2017.

1. allianz macrumors newbie

With the latest leaked pic and all the rumors suggesting an OLED display i thought about if apple will put a black front glass on the iPhone 8 no matter what the back of the phone will be colored..

what do you think?

2. Fynd macrumors 6502

It's entirely possible if what some are suggesting turns out to be true; The status bar can't blend into the cutout area if the cutout area is white.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

It'll be black if it's anything like the S8. It would look weird with really small, white bezels in my opinion.

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

That, and if it retains the thin black border between the white and the screen like the current phones it would look even stranger. There is no chance there will be white bezels. The design leaked demands black for both functionality and aesthetics.

5. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I was thinking about that a couple weeks back. I would assume at this point that it will be black only. Seems weird to me, however it makes sense if apple is considering this phone to be something unique, compared to the 7S and 7S+ that would be the normal iPhone's released this fall.

Also, when considering the frame is going to be black steel similar to the black Apple Watch stainless steel, then it makes sense a lot of detail is being put into it.

It would mean that similar detail would need to be put into a white version, maybe ceramic-like look to the frame (or regular silver steel), and also that we would have seen some sort of leak or at least information regarding a white version, but we have not.

6. epca12 macrumors regular

I think it could look strange with the white/silver colour option but it would make sense to have the black front and i'm sure it makes it easier to produce

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I disagree. I think the Galaxy S8 would have looked amazing with a white/silver front if it weren't for the iris scanner and all the other crap Samsung put on the front. If it was just the ear piece and front facing camera, the GS8 would have looked amazing in this color.

[​IMG]

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I've never understood wanting a white front. I find that it reduces *perceived* onscreen contrast.

9. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

I have a strong feeling the bezels would be almost none existent. With that in mind, the entire screen would be black.