iPhone 8 Hands On

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JamiLynee, Sep 13, 2017.

1. JamiLynee macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

It's hard to get a feel from pictures but is the back of the silver iPhone 8 white or silver glass? I mean the silver iPhone now is an ok color but it ups the wow factor for me if it's truly white. Has anyone actually laid eyes on this?

2. pukrnukr macrumors member

I'm interested in this as well. It's not very easy to tell from photos yet. In the verge hands on video they even call it the white iPhone. I was also wondering if the space grey one has the same Polished SS band around it or is it tinted darker?

3. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

Black is tinted darker

4. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

Yeah but my question is specifically about the silver model.

5. rapicell macrumors regular

From a few of the people I follow on youtube, it looked fully white in all of the videos

6. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

I broke down. I bought one. On it's own, it looks white. Put up beside the front of another one, it's oh so slightly silver. Even the box is a slightly silver color. Nice. The only real difference I can tell is the weight. It's heavier, more substantial. I like it.

The camera is the size and position of a 7 but aesthetically it looks like a 6. Kinda a step back? Depends on the "look" you're going for.

I'd love it if Apple brought back the bumper program to show these babies off!